“The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; but because the LORD loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.”
Many times we get soaked into the ways of the world that we completely forget that things work differently with God. We forget that Children of God though living in the world operate with God’s timing and direction. In light of this, we get tormented by the devil who continually uses the things of the world to drive impart and affect people’s emotion inform of enticement. Sometimes it even makes Christians feel and think we’re missing out on good things.
There are three different standards an individual is generally involved with at every stage and point in life. God’s standard, men set standards and the devil’s standard. Yes, even the devil has standard and often we see that because the devil has taken over the mind of many, we see some of the standards of the world driven by that of the devil.
As Christians and children of God, while living in this world, we are to be mindful that the only valid standard is that of God and that is why no matter what we get involved in, God will always come through. Although by the standard of the world, we may not qualify but so did the children of Israel. They were literally the smallest of all nations but God loved them and chose to rescue them.
When Jesus spoke about the widows offering, He intended for us to learn a lesson about how our Father operates. By the standard of the world, the rich people gave more but Jesus said: “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury;” Mark 12:43
Whatever the Lord chooses us to do, let’s be reminded that God is more interested in the one we are able to win for Him than the thousand we surround ourselves with which may not be doing the will of God. Unlike social media, God does not want fake likes and comments (Christians), He’s not moved by the statistics of those who are called Christians but He’s more interested in the few who are truly His children.
He loves us all equally and as He has sacrificed himself on the cross that we may have everlasting life, He is always looking for repentant souls who will change their path, choose life, live according to His word and eventually become His bonafide children.
Don’t become a part of the statistics, separate yourself today to be used to the Glory of God.
- Father I thank your unmerited favour blessings and goodness which I daily experience.
- I am grateful for your Love, protection, provision and all that you do for me.
- I renounce the ways of the world; I receive strength to life a genuine Christian life
- I proclaim and declare you as my loving father Lord
- I receive strength in your word, through prayers and fellowship with you to stand firm and strong in the days of adversity.
- Let me not drown when I go through the storms and let me not be consumed in fiery times
- Thank you for the grace to know you and the power of your resurrection
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.