“And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm.”
Memory verse: “But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Most of the setback we experience in life is not as a result of the impossibility of the task or our inability to complete them, often it’s about the mindset we build around those things and once the devil senses our negativity, he capitalizes on them, making sure all we see is the impossibility to achieve those dreams, tasks or plans.
A few days ago I was scrolling through the internet and came across something pretty interesting, it reads “it’s ok to try again because this time you are starting from experience”. It made so much sense but unfortunately the devil is able to take advantage of previous failures because all he keeps reminding us about the last mistake and failures so we become too scared of giving things another go for the fear of failure. Again we keep thinking “it will be impossible!”
The scriptures today clearly enlighten us that even those who spent days and nights with Jesus while He was on earth are not eliminated from this mindset. When they woke Jesus up when He was asleep in the boat ravaged by the sea storm, they didn’t say ask him to stop the wind through they knew He could do it, they voiced out the negative thoughts in their mind and said “Master, Master, we are perishing!” and with that came dear.
To be successful at anything in life it’s important to know what David knew. David not only knew God but he had an understanding of Gods sovereignty over all so when he met with Goliath, he confidently said “This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.” I Samuel 17:46
The battle between David and Goliath proves to us that “what determine success is not experience or status but being in Jesus team, just like David was. Being on the boat with Jesus does not eliminate fear but if we react differently than the devil loses the battle.
If the disciples failed to call Jesus, they may have really sank and if David did not go in the name of God, Goliath may have ended his destiny at that battle so we are to be reminded that when faced with any challenges in life, we should remember that – The battle belongs to the Lord and the God which masters in making impossibilities possible will calm the storm
- Father I thank you for you are great and do miracles so great
- I am grateful for your protection, provision and for all that you do for me.
- Father from today, make every impossibilities in my life possible for my good in Jesus name
- I receive the power to remain in sync with the heavenly and to stay connected to God
- Help me Lord to diligently study your word in season and out of season, to show myself approved unto you and build a strong foundation in you.
- Bring me back into the heart of worship, let all I do be all about you.
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.