Now the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, “This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you
Memory Verse: There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel that will stand. Proverbs 19:21.
Check your calendar today and what can you see? Half of 2021 is done with and maybe not even a thing off your attainment list for this year is accomplished. Maybe the first thing you utter having realised this is “where has all this year gone”? The person best to answer that question is you. For a fact, who gave you those timelines you’re working with about when things should be done and who decides the norm in your life?
Many of these questions are what determines our everyday happiness as human beings because not only do we set timelines for ourselves, we mount daily pressure on ourselves also because we let the calendar determine when and what time of the year it is for us. Furthermore, if we maybe see that we’re nowhere near where we should be according to our own calendar, we push ourselves even more until we get to a breaking point.
The life of a Christian is not one which aligns with the rest of the world not because we are not human but because our lives, destiny, timelines and calendar dates are directed by God. As an example, the Israelites, God created for them a new year as the bible clearly shows in today’s reading and we should notice the world “This month is to be for you”.
For the rest of the world June may be midyear but the Lord can choose to make June the start of a new year for you and because you’re working on a different timeline from the rest of the world, between you and God your own celebration of the new year has only just begun mid-year and you can start to make new plans with the Lord included.
After the declaration of a new month, the Israelites had their own celebration but this time was not a new year for the Egyptians, making them see the Israelites as awkward but again their timelines with God was different.
God has the ability to create a new beginning just for you and whiles that may not work well with the rest of the world, it’s important to remember that you are a specially crafted human for the Glory of God so your new beginning starts when the Lord says so as this is when His glory will begin to manifest in your life.
Don’t get caught up with looking at other people’s times and seasons as this may make you lose perspective of your life, forgetting that you belong to an infinite God capable of making things happen any time, any season. So therefore your life takes shape in God’s own time not the timing of the world.
- Father I am grateful for another week filled with your unlimited blessings
- Thank You for being faithful despite my unfaithfulness, multiplying my joy and brining me more joy
- I rededicate my life to you Lord, I surrender all to you and key into your times and seasons
- Do a new thing in my life Lord, give me new beginnings, multiply me in all fronts, help me to serve you wholeheartedly.
- Help me to assume my rightful position in you, let me get to draw nearer and closer to you
- Help me Lord to make the right choice, leaving all behind and embracing the light
- Father help me to further know you better, reveal yourself unto me
- I desire wisdom Father, crown me with it and grant me understanding in all areas of life
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.