Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.”
Memory Verse: For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
Many at times, people step out of line deciding its best to drop everything ongoing in their own lives and follow the crowd when they see what other people are thriving in. They do this simply because it appears the grass is greener on the other side. There is an assumption that they are in the wrong marriage, profession, relationship, environment, church and calling, all because they want to be 100% like someone else who is just operating and blossoming in their own calling.
A popular African will call such people “Follow-follow”, people who just keep following others all over the place trying to be who they are not.
Christians are not exempted from this type of behavior as we see various people within the Christendom trying so hard to operate in an area they have not been called to, simply because it looks really cool to be associated with that department. The line between admiring someone for what they do so well and wanting to shift from one’s own path to other is very thin and this naturally leads a life to disaster.
The bible talks a lot about Apostle Paul and we read most of the books he wrote in the new testament but this was a man whose life simply began as Saul of Tarsus Act 9:11 whose life was converted by God on his way to Damascus to persecute more Christ followers. From when Paul was saved, he began to operate in his primary assignment, the one which God called him to which is “Preaching the gospel of Christ “. Apostle Paul travelled extensively planting the foundation of the word of God in people’s hearts and planting churches but he never was involved in battles like Moses, David, Saul and the rest alike because He was not called to be a warrior or battle fighter. Apostle Paul wrote in His letters to the church in Corinth saying For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. 1Corinthian 1: 17
Today we also read about Jeremiah assignment in 1Jeriamah 1:9-10, God already handed him the responsibilities of a Judge (pull down, to destroy and to throw down). prophet Jeremiah pronounced God’s judgment upon the people of his time for their wickedness but he was also a builder (To build and to plant hope of restoration to the people of God Jeremiah 30:1-3). His roles were defined before conception hence operating outside his assignment may mean he is unable to attain full capacity and be 100% productive with His life, in short he will be operating outside the purpose of his creation if he follows a different path.
The life we live is one given to us by God and so is our assignment on earth. Who is the best to educate us on our purpose if not God? The constant following of the crowd only leads to more frustration and unless we begin to operate in our area of assignment, not only are we going to continue failing ourselves but will also do well at disappointing God.
What is your God given assignment? Do you know what you have been created and called to do on earth? The Holyspirit gives clarity on everything, if only you will invite Him into your life to direct you right proverbs 3:6.
- Father I thank you for another great day full of your kindness
- Help me Lord to discover my purpose in life and thrive in it
- Heal me of ever pains and hurts Lord, help me to surrender all to you and not seek revenge
- Help me not to gloat over my enemies, but to celebrate you in humility while you fight for me
- Locate me in my time of need O Lord, and let me not take any step except that which you guide me to.
- Help me Lord to live in oneness following your principles and sharing your love with others
- Help me to believe in the abilities you have given me, understand my formation and cast aside every element of worry and attributes of setbacks.
- Help me to be fully devoted to you and be passionate about my relationship with you
- Go Ahead of Me Lord, guide me, order my steps, direct me and let this be my year of unprecedented grace.
- Give me Oil, keep me burning and let me never depart from your presence.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen