“Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me. “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? “Or who shut in the sea with doors, when it burst forth and issued from the womb;”
Memory Verse: He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7
Trust is a very big word and so many of us do deal with personal insecurities making it difficult for us to trust anyone including ourselves and when asked why we don’t trust, the usual response is because people cannot be trusted and so “I’ll rather be careful”, but is that really the case? We always seem to blame others for how we respond to their behavior because it’s easier to shift blames so in light of that, can we ourselves really be trusted?
Humans have showed lack of trust in God right from the beginning when Adam and Eve decided it was better to believe in what the Serpent said than what God instructed as seen in Genesis 3 but God decided on how He would respond to their lack of trust by still sending His son, Jesus to restore our relationship with Him.
God is always looking for ways to trust us hence we see Him give various opportunities every time we let Him down by doubting like Moses did on several occasions. The issue of trust is not with the other individual but with us as individuals, we simply have elevated ourselves so much that we naturally create a boundary internally due to our insecurities and extend those boundaries to others. This behavior thus extends to God so even when we say we trust Him with everything in our lives, we really don’t mean it so we begin to look for alternatives just if God doesn’t listen to us.
The relationship with God is one where God leads and we follow and not the other way round but our inability to trust in Him is because there are times in our lives where we want God to step back while we lead. At this point, we have become the driver of the vehicle, (our life) and situations so we lean on our own human understanding and start to find ways to avoid the potholes on the road without understanding that some of those potholes have been intentionally positioned there by God Himself to slow us down in other to avoid the destruction that may be ahead if we move any faster.
Job as an example was a man who trusted God but at the time he began to go through the challenges of life and his friends started mocking him, he questioned God but God responded with more questions. If Job could trust that God created the universe and run it, why would he dare question God about the way His life was being run? The same goes for us, if we truly believe that God created the world and has been responsible for keeping everything in shape, why then can we not trust Him completely with all our heart?
Like Job, people around us may from time to time try to negatively influence our thoughts but the word of God is our only source of truth in every situation we find ourselves in life. If we make His word our only source and not the alternative, we will never doubt His ability to deliver us no matter what the situation. His word says in Isaiah 43:2, When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.
Things will happen in life but when they do, trust that God has you covered. Nothing happens without His permission so if He permits it then He knows why and when it comes to your life, He will always be exalted Isaiah 46:10.
- Father I thank you for your goodness and blessing experienced every day of my life
- I am grateful for your grace and leading me to live a purpose driven life
- Help me Lord to depend on you totally, not to rely on sources that can cease.
- Help me Lord from today to take responsibility, trust in you totally and never exercise lack of trust or doubt to your promises.
- Help me Lord to worship you in spirit and in truth. Help me to have a true relationship with you
- Bring me back to the paths I have strayed away from, let me from today be spiritually minded, know my purpose, walk in it and not allow carnal things to define me
- Thank you for being a good father, one I can deliberate with and fully trust in
- Help me Lord not to try reason you out, but surrender all occurrences in life to you and believe that you have it all under control and are able to change all circumstances for good
- Help me to wait upon you in spirit and in truth, getting instructions and directions from heaven and walking solely with the Holyspirit while I fast and pray
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen