“who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness by whose stripes you were healed.”
Memory verse: “who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,” I Timothy 2:6
New things always look so beautiful and very attractive in ways that makes everyone acquire them but most times, there are sacrifices to be paid which people are not usually aware of. The sacrifice to be paid is not often visible to the whole world as often people only see the finished product. Every car lover wants to drive a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, because those lovers have a rough idea of the efforts which went into it, the materials, the sacrifices to make the cars powerful.
Today we look at how our lives as Christians started. The conception of Jesus was a beautiful thing and we read of the joy in heaven when Jesus was born. His birth was good news to all because He was born for a purpose; to save the world. According to Luke 2:11 “The Savior, yes, the Messiah, the Lord has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!”
Though born for this purpose, His birth is not what gives us the entrance to the presence of God but access to live forever in heaven after the physical death. He had to die as a onetime sacrifice to bring us eternal life. “For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.” Hebrews 10:10.
Without the death of Jesus, we have no opportunity and would have continued under the old law of reoccurring sacrifice but because He paid the price, we no longer need to offer sacrifices.
“And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices” Hebrews 10:18.
Sometimes for things to happen, we have to let go. Yes, God has to let go His only son so we can be saved John 3:16 so we have to learn that what seems like an end sometimes is the beginning to something even more glorious.
This week is a reminder of what Jesus had to do to grant us life after the physical death and we should also reflect on what we have to do to create our new beginning. What part of us must decrease for Him to increase? John3:30.
- Father I thank you for your sacrifice and gift of everlasting life
- Thank you for all you have done for me and have given me in gifts, talents and grace
- Father increase in all areas of my life as I decrease Lord, let it be all of you and none of me
- Help me to see that which you have given me, teach me how to use them for your wonderful works of wonders
- Help me to prioritize the things of the kingdom and not procrastinate spiritually and physically
- Use me Lord as a ready vessel unto honor, I am ready for your use Lord, use me
- Help me to win souls to your kingdom, make the right choices and live my life for you
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.