“Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.” So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
Memory verse: Matthew 28:18, “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.”
A while ago I was having a very interesting conversation with my mum on why Christians are constantly tormented by the devil and his agents and actually get away with it. Even more painful is the confidence that the devil has when implementing his mission over people’s lives. It keeps me thinking, “why did or does God allow him”?
At times as Christians, we pray and remain in worry over the possibility that God may or may not listen and grant our requests but “believing in God’s abilities” is the key ingredient to erase all worries. Shadrach Meshach and Abednego’s story at the fiery furnace gives light to this, they said confidently without worry that “even if our God will not save us, we will still not bow down to man-made god”. We see every time it’s evident evil spirits are operating, those spirits just progress believing that whatever they do is a done deal. They have so much confidence in their evil deeds, they believe it will manifest as they have programmed it to. We see that evil spirits know their place and understand what most children of God don’t understand. Jesus met with an unclean Spirit and the spirit voiced out in Mark 1:21 “saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are the Holy One of God!”
As Christians we some worth do not understand the level of authority we carry in the name of Jesus. We need to understand we are not operating of our own authority but everything is our footstool when we call on the name of Jesus but when we begging to doubt then we just making a statement that may not have any effect.
All authority has been given to the name of Jesus and all we just need is to believe. We should never allow the enemy play mind games with us because the devil knows who has authority and we are on the winning side always being on God’s side.
Your prayer is activated by your belief. Hence it is key for us to believe totally without doubt. When we pray and believe, that’s when we receive and see manifestation. God always has and knows the best for us. We remain in the victory house under God’s umbrella.
- Father I am grateful for the gift of life and for the sufficiency of your grace
- I am grateful for your kindness and for all you have done and are still doing for me
- Thank you for the grace to know you and the power of your resurrection
- I renounce and denounce every element of worry and disbelief. I receive total confidence in God
- Help me to remain knitted to you Lord, to stay in your camp and be alert always, not giving the devil an opportunity to invade my life.
- I invite you to be the centre of my all, help me to love you unconditionally and obey your teachings.
- Help me to love my neighbors as myself and to remember God’s love is the greatest
- Have mercy upon me Lord, forgive all my wickedness and help me to cease from them
- Let your love occupy my heart Lord and let me live my life for you alone.
- Thank you for qualifying me through your blood on Calvary Cross
- Thank you for giving me dominion and power to conquer
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen