“Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God”.
Memory Verse: “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” Matthew 7:21
One of the very things new converts struggle with is understanding their place with God and even some people who have been Christians for such a long time get confused because they do not understand how to approach God and neither know what they have access to as Children of God.
The bible tells us of various promises God has not just for Christians but for His children. Being called a child of God is so much more different from being a Christian and this explains the reason why sometimes it may be difficult to call Him father. “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” Romans 10:9. “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:” John 1:12
Being a Christian could be as a result of many things but being a child can only be through your personal believe and choice to be of God. You cannot be born into God’s family from birth although you can be born into a Christian family and usually that forms a good foundation for knowing what Christianity entails and could be seen as a strong starting point to building a relationship with God but your religious activities should not be confused with your child status.
Adoption through confession with your mouth and believe moves you from just being a Christian to being called a “Child”. At this stage, we can now call Him father because Jesus says so. The promises for his children who remain in the family by abiding in Him can be confidently claimed by pronouncement.
In light of this, Are you a Christian or a child of God?
Children of God live and relate with God based on their relationship with Him. He is a loving and living Father, the only God who has absolute undisputable authority.
- Father I thank you for a blessed week so far. Thanks for your faithfulness
- I proclaim and declare my Love for you Lord, I take the position of a child, zealous about the things of the kingdom of Heaven.
- Help me Lord to sync well with you, be attentive to the Holyspirit and be alert to answers to my prayers.
- Create in me a clean heart Lord and continually use me as a vessel unto honor
- I receive the grace to hold on to what’s important in the kingdom, to surrender all I am and all I have to you withholding nothing.
- Help me to remain in your presence, keep your temple clean and not deviate from the purpose for which you Lord have created me
- I am grateful for your kindness and for all you have done and are still doing for me
- Thank you for the grace to know you and the power of your resurrection
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.