“He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore, you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
Memory verse: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” John 10:27
Few days ago I was having a conversation about children and how interestingly they communicate. Every child has the ability to understand and/or speak the language frequently used to communicate to them. Whiles every child develops at different paces, ultimately there is a place for understanding which means if everything goes smooth then if a child is spoken to in French from birth, they can and should naturally understand and be able to speak French.
But if a child is born into a French family and is surrounded by a family who choose to speak German, when communicating with the child then naturally the child will pick up the German as a first language and may not be able to speak French at all.
Communication with God is key and remains a major backbone of our relationship with Him. It not only gives us priority access but helps strengthen our existing companionship. We are His children and the work of His hands therefore His original plan is that we are able to communicate with Him as like a father to his child and vice versa. We see that God did not just place Adam and Eve in the garden and cut communication with them, we read in Genesis that He often dialogued with them in the garden of Eden after man had sin. “Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?” So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.” Genesis 3:9-10.
Interestingly even when a child is born into a very different family, there is still the ability to learn a new language at any stage in life but this boils down to the desire to learn. It’s not impossible to build a strong bond with the father and communicate with Him clearly but are you willing?
Our relationship with God becomes even stronger when we can clearly hear Him ourselves and the more we desire to hear from God and speak to Him, we become even better at understanding Him. The depth of relationship between Moses and God was very different from that of the People of Israel and God. God spoke to Moses directly and they understood each other but the people of Israel didn’t have a relationship to hear when God speaks so they depended on Moses a lot as an intermediary.
Because of Jesus, we have even more opportunities through the Holyspirit to hear from God directly and understand Him clearly.
Do you desire to hear from God? Start by dedicating time to be in His presence; that becomes your learning phase. Your desire and action activates your result. God speaks to us through the day but we need to learn to understand how He speaks and listen when He does. Remember His sheep hear his voice.
- Father I thank your undying love for me and for bringing me salvation
- I am grateful for your Love, protection, provision and all that you do for me.
- Thank you for a wonderful week and for the grace to hear from you
- Help me to walk with you diligently in spirit and in truth
- I renounce the ways of the world; I receive strength to life a genuine Christian life
- I proclaim and declare you as my loving father Lord
- I receive strength in your word, through prayers and fellowship with you to stand firm and strong in the days of adversity.
- Let me not drown when I go through the storms and let me not be consumed in fiery times
- Thank you for the grace to know you and the power of your resurrection
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.