“And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.”
Memory verse: “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17.
Who says anything in life is a bed of roses? Just when we think we have cracked some things and now understand it perfectly then we go one step further and realise there is another twist and that is the exact way things happens in the journey of life.
The disciples are a good example to use. These twelve people gave up their everything to follow Jesus, walk with Him and saw Him do a lot of teaching and miracles whiles He was with them but then they thought that might have just been enough to make them worthy of the kingdom until Jesus told them it’s time to move up the next level; Forgiveness. Jesus said “And if anyone sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.” Luke 17:4.
At these point, the twelve began to understand that the Christian life is a journey which cannot be attained by past glory. What you did yesterday may not be sufficient to take you through today. They needed more faith than they had in believing God to get to a place of forgiveness but Jesus did not quantify faith when He responded to them, He instead gave an illustration saying “even a faith as tiny as a mustard seed was all that was required to speak to a mulberry tree and it will move into the sea as spoken”, Luke 17:6.
The quality of our faith in God comes by doing those little things He has called us to do. Those things that we may see as really tiny and maybe even irrelevant are what it takes to grow in faith. We only really begin to grow when we dedicate time to hearing the word of God. It’s not enough to just hear the word of God and expect to grow in faith, the key is continually hearing from His word which helps us to continuously dwell in His presence.
Faith should not be focused on as something we need to measure but our focus should be on the quality. Undiluted faith is what we need and that can only come by dwelling in the presence of God. The world will want to test our faith but on Christ the solid rock we stand.
Every time we pray, study and do the will of God, our faith is increased and strengthened.
- Father I thank you for a wonderful week and for your undying love for me, bringing me salvation
- I am grateful for your protection, provision and all that you do for me.
- Thank you for a wonderful week and for the grace to hear from you
- Draw me nearer Lord, help me to increase in faith and strengthen my foundation in you
- I renounce and denounce fear of all that’s happening in today’s world, I receive boldness, confidence and sound mind to stand strong amidst of it all.
- Help me to walk with you diligently in spirit and in truth
- I renounce the ways of the world; I receive strength to life a genuine Christian life
- I proclaim and declare you as my loving father Lord
- I receive strength in your word, through prayers and fellowship with you to stand firm and strong in the days of adversity.
- Let me not drown when I go through the storms and let me not be consumed in fiery times
- Thank you for the grace to know you and the power of your resurrection
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.