“Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
Memory verse: “I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help?” Psalms 121:1
Some people are solutions experts and they are skilled at resolving problems arising within a space but even with those type of people, they cannot be all-rounder because their knowledge is limited to their area of expertise. A sick patient wouldn’t turn up at the bank expecting to be treated because they know exactly where to be to get healed.
The bible text today tells a very interesting story of Bartimaeus who everyone knew was blind. In fact this was a very popular beggar outside of Jericho whom everyone may have helped from time to time but also they may have assumed he was comfortable being a blind beggar maybe because he never really talked about getting his sight. He usually just sat there and begged from time to time, looked like someone who had resolved to fate.
Interestingly, when Bartimaeus heard Jesus was in town and about, he immediately started shouting out loud that Jesus may hear Him. He could not even see Jesus neither could he walk to the scene but he had his voice and he knew he had to shout out loud to be heard. His doctor was around and he knew exactly where his healing will come from so he continued showing until he got Jesus’ attention.
Many times we find ourselves in Bartimaeus’ position. We find ourselves in very hard positions and begin to find solutions everywhere. We maybe have explored all options available to us because every effort has returned no result but have we really looked in the right places?
Most times, we looking for solutions in the wrong places and this is why we physically get drained and destabilized but there is someone who has all round knowledge of everything because He has been given all power. Jesus is the only path to all and every problem.
He specifically told us “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” John 16:33.
- Father I thank you for another blessed day in your presence
- I am grateful for your protection, provision and for all that you do for me.
- Help me to seek you where and when I can find you, Help me to reach out to you always Lord
- Guide me Lord, help me to remain in your presence and hold on to that which is important to you
- Help me to not lean on my own understanding, surrender all to you and leave things at your feet.
- Bring me back into the heart of worship, let all I do be all about you.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.