“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Memory verse: “The proverbs of Solomon: A wise son makes a glad father, But a foolish son is the grief of his mother.” Proverbs 10:1.
Have you ever attended an award ceremony? The ceremony usually begins with lots of activities while everyone settles down and listen. Despite everything that’s happening, everyone is really there just for the “Awards”. Once the facilitator gets to the awards section of the program, the room becomes quiet for a while followed by nonstop accolades to the nominees and those being awarded.
An individual being awarded gets excited as he or she receives the awards and the parents of such individuals at that instance become extremely proud. Though they themselves aren’t the ones receiving the award, the world suddenly perceives them as really good parents for bringing up children worthy of being awarded. The parents wear an invincible badge with the tag “Proud Parents”.
Many individuals don’t understand what it means to be in the family. This family is one where you just must Shine. Shining is very different from showing off, being proud or boastful because this is you showcasing God’s glory.
God created us beautifully in His own image and placed us above every other thing He created on earth “Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis 1:28.
Jesus Himself tells us “we are the light of the world” and have been given dominion therefore we have a graceful duty to shine. We are not ordinary, we are Gods most precious creation and are called a chosen generation. We are His special people who will bring the world out of darkness into the light of the Lord and we know the world does not listen to just anybody. The world is only interested in people who shine.
Don’t settle for just being an ordinary person. According to the scriptures, the ancient people who walked with the Lord were not ordinary. Abraham was not, David was not, Moses was not, Paul was not and Jesus Himself started to shine the moment He was born, hadn’t He been shining, the three wise men wouldn’t have seen His star in the sky and visited him Matthew 2:10. “When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.”
Our shining is what bring joy to God because when we do, he can because of us wear the badge “Proud Father”.
- Father I thank you for your unlimited blessings and grace
- I am thankful for your faithfulness to your word despite my imperfections
- Help me to shine forth as light and become a champion in your kingdom.
- Help me to continually invest treasures in heaven, let me profit from good labor
- Purify me Lord, help me to be pure and clean inside and outside, living totally for you
- My Hope is built in you O Lord, let me not be moved by the wrong doctrines posed by the world
- Help me to reach out to others through your word and let the world come to the knowledge of you
- I receive unction to speak forth with power, and through it souls become saved
- Thank you for the grace not to ask amidst and to abide in you
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.