“Now this is the commandment, and these are the statutes and judgments which the Lord your God has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess, that you may fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the Lord God of your fathers has promised you ‘a land flowing with milk and honey.”
Memory Verse: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.” Proverbs 13:22.
Various people want various things in life but majority of individuals will easily tell you they desire to move up the ladder. With this desire comes a sacrifice to pay, instructions to follow, new behaviors to adopt, new level of responsibilities to take on and a host of others. More often, we realise that people just want the evidence of progression but are not necessarily willing to pay the sacrifice. Without doubt, the sacrifice is usually not easy to pay.
Aiming for the next level is not a child’s play and even if achieved by what we presently do without much effort, it sure cannot be sustainable so sometimes God gives us a transition stage. This transition stage is where we go through what we see as challenges but God uses those opportunities to prepare and equip us for the next level. Becoming more rugged to handle tougher hurdles encountered as you keep climbing up.
The life of Abraham and Saul are two stories in the bible which shines the light on what it really is to walk with God and achieve next level progress.
The instruction for Abraham was given by the Lord “Now the Lord had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, from your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you.” Genesis 12:1 and the instruction for King Saul was given by the Lord through prophet Samuel “Then he waited seven days, according to the time set by Samuel. But Samuel did not come to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him.” I Samuel 13:8.
The results attained by those two individuals came from their abilities to follow the instruction completely. Abraham started walking with God from that instruction and committed to full obedience whiles Saul panicked and decided to seek an alternative.
If God instructs you, the wisest thing to do is follow and even when things seem flakey, it’s all part of the transition state into the next level. Even more interesting is the impact your actions can have on the next generation. Our children can pick up the benefits if we, like Abraham did, follow the commands and instructions from God.
It’s important to listen, obey and transfer knowledge to your children as this not only helps us live a long lasting inheritance for our children’s children but also means we will enjoy a prolonged life . “that you may fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged.” Deuteronomy 6:2.
- Father I thank you for your unmerited favour and grace over my life
- I am thankful for your faithfulness to your word despite my imperfections
- Father help me to obey your instruction and adhere to your direction as you lead me
- Help me to shine forth as light and become a champion in your kingdom.
- Help me to continually invest treasures in heaven, let me profit from good labor
- Purify me Lord, help me to be pure and clean inside and outside, living totally for you
- My Hope is built in you O Lord, let me not be moved by the wrong doctrines posed by the world
- Help me to reach out to others through your word and let the world come to the knowledge of you
- I receive unction to speak forth with power, and through it souls become saved
- Thank you for the grace not to ask amidst and to abide in you
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.