“The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue. The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: ‘He who rules over men must be just, Ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, A morning without clouds, Like the tender grass springing out of the earth, By clear shining after rain.”
Memory verse: “and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.” I Peter 5:4.
Leadership is a topic discussed by individuals all over the world because the importance of having a good leader cannot be overemphasized. The rewards are almost immediate and leaves a lasting impact on the lives of people being led but many times, people don’t see themselves taking up the position of leadership because of the enormous responsibilities it conveys and rewards that lays ahead.
Leading may have been rebranded round the world but being a Christian and a leader takes more than just accepting Jesus. A Christian who takes the position anywhere has an opportunity not only to be led by Christ but to influence the lives of others through Christ.
Jesus was the best leader ever seen as written in the scriptures and this is because He understood and modelled the ways of a leader. Jesus was never really about himself and in fact, He mentioned in Matthew 20:26 saying “Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant.”. Jesus’s was focused on the ministry but also whiles at it, He recruited leaders, empowered them, prepared them for the future and left with them a legacy which we all now have the opportunity to embrace.
Jesus’s style of leadership is the most rewarding because after over 2000 years, the world is continually striving to follow Him. Although He never really got to stay around for long due to the time limit for His assignment here on earth, He did make the most impact than even those who lived much longer.
King David was a leader who took his responsibilities serious and understood that though challenging, the role of a readership comes with great reward 2 Samuel 23:4. There are some rewards that will never be earned expect through leadership.
The crown of Glory is one of the five crowns mentioned in the bible and though rewards might not be evident here on earth, the crown of glory is imperishable and awaits only good leaders.
No crown of glory is available for anyone unwilling to take the position of leadership and deliver.
Godly Leadership is rewarding and honorable.
- Father I thank you for a wonderful week just concluding.
- I am thankful for your steadfastness to your word despite my imperfections
- Help me to be a good leader Lord, I receive the qualities, attributes and selflessness needed to attain this.
- Father help me to obey your instruction and adhere to your direction as you lead me
- Help me to shine forth as light and become a champion in your kingdom.
- Help me to continually invest treasures in heaven, let me profit from good labor
- Purify me Lord, help me to be pure and clean inside and outside, living totally for you
- My Hope is built in you O Lord, let me not be moved by the wrong doctrines posed by the world
- Help me to reach out to others through your word and let the world come to the knowledge of you
- I receive unction to speak forth with power, and through it souls become saved
- Thank you for the grace not to ask amidst and to abide in you
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.