And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Memory verse: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12.
I have wondered for many years why it usually appears the devil has the upper hand even though we as Christians know without a doubt that when God gives us the all clear then things naturally fall in place according His word. Why then is it that things seem to fail even after God has approved them?
The story of Daniel is a typical example of what happens with our requests. We simply wish things were as simple as abc but we see here how a spiritual warfare can block answers to prayers.
While Daniel prayed, God immediately answered but while in transit to Daniel, an interception happened; the prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked and stole the answers.
Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. Daniel 10:12-13.
The good news for us now is we can decide to either cut the prince of Persia out or we can involve him in our lives. Jesus has left with us the spirit of God who reveals to us the mind of God without any interception but once revealed, what we do next determines our success or failure.
Every time the spirit of God reveals God’s intention to us and we open our mouth to speak it out, we have feed our enemy with information they initially didn’t have. Until we speak, the devil has nothing to work with because he doesn’t know the mind of God. The grace is that we do through the Holyspirit and have a upper hand. Proverbs 17:28 tells us that “even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.”
Knowing the mind of God and having the opportunity through the Holyspirit to cut out the devil and his angels is a big positive in our Christian Journey. If only we can control how and what we speak, then we will always have an advantage over the devil.
- Father I thank you for your wonderful week full of blessings and thank you for the weekend ahead
- I am thankful for your kindness, love and faithfulness despite my imperfections
- Help me Lord to mind what I say out and to maintain my advantage over the devil.
- Help me to get closer to you Lord, to know your mind and to receive direction and instructions from you
- Help me Lord not to grieve the Holy Spirit but to remain in sync and abiding always.
- Help me Lord to focus on you solely and not be carnally minded
- Help me to be compassionate towards others, to show benevolence and to meet other’s needs
- I receive the power of a giver, guide me Lord and lead me to reach out to those in need
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.