But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
Memory verse: The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2.
The default state of everything is usually blank, void or empty and then when we start to build, actively moving things from point A to B, then the reality starts setting in that we are form nothing building something. This is relatable to a fallow land with nothing constructed on it, after a while, we walk past and realise the once empty deserted land has become a prime tourist attraction, visited by many from around the world. What had no formation has become a centre of desirability and that is the story of Creation.
God saw the world was shapeless, un attractive, full of darkness and because of this, His spirit could not infiltrate the earth hence it was hovering over the surface. This remained the same until God changed the story of the earth by creating beautiful things.
God created and created and created and for six days, He was creating. Those six days it took God may have been six thousand years for us according to the word of God in 2Peter 3:8; But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Just like the earth, every human’s original state is empty. Just like a new child born into royalty, the child has to live and be taught by members of the family on how to live like a royal, else the child may not understand the norms of the family and start to act ordinary. When such child becomes educated in line with the family values, the child starts to act, behave and live like a royalty.
Without Christ, we remain in the default state of every created man; in darkness and though called out of darkness, we have to respond to the call and position ourselves to be taught of the Lord as only then can we begin to live as a royal priesthood.
If we choose to remain in darkness, the spirit of God will never be able to come make impact in our lives as we remain outside the body of Christ. We have the invitation and have been called out of darkness but what choice will you make?
To remain in darkness or embrace light?
- Father I am grateful for another week full of your love
- Thank You for being so your kindness and for the gift of eternal life granted unto me
- Help me Lord to make the right choice, leaving all behind and embracing the light
- Father I receive the zeal for good works, help me to me an imitator of your goodness
- Help me to be diligent in being a shining light, giving life to all around me and reachable by me
- Father help me to further know you better, reveal yourself unto me
- I desire wisdom Father, crown me with it and grant me understanding in all areas of life
- Help me to study my salvation daily with fear and trembling and to love you unconditionally
- Help me Lord to mind what I say out and to maintain my advantage over the devil.
- Help me to get closer to you Lord, to know your mind and to receive direction and instructions from you
- Help me Lord not to grieve the Holy Spirit but to remain in sync and abiding always.
- Help me Lord to focus on you solely and not be carnally minded
- Help me to be compassionate towards others, to show benevolence and to meet other’s needs
- I receive the power of a giver, guide me Lord and lead me to reach out to those in need
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.