Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Memory verse: For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Ephesians 2:18
Do you really know who you are in Christ or you simply are dependent on what others tell you about your position? What do people really tell you about yourself and do you seem to depend on their definition of your identity?
While some will quickly say “I definitely know my position in Christ”, others may not be able to attest to same. Even those who claim to know may not really be able to testify about their identity when questioned. Without doubt, time has been spent around prophets or priests, quantifiable time dedicated towards attending fellowships affording the grace to hear so much about God and His wonderful works. Through this, many might think they know Him enough and understand their position, but the level of information they have is only the limited to the knowledge of the people educating them about God.
What is our real position with God? God’s original plan for mankind is still not altered as we see in Genesis 1:28, which says “Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Not only did God bless man, He gave them dominion over everything He created on earth. He practically made man god on earth while He remained in heaven but then the great fall happened in Genesis 3 and man was driven out from God’s presence. However, God was not angry with man forever as He found a way of restoration for all. He restored our position of free access with Him through the blood of Jesus hence we became like though the fall never happened.
What God has given you and I is free access to Him all day, anytime and so the same Holyspirit that was in Jesus is readily available for all that choose the path of righteousness. Nevertheless, even though this access is available to all, the reason we may still be so dependent on others to tell us about God’s plan is because we have refused to take rightful position in God.
You have free access to God and Jesus is the password to the door through which you can now call Him father. Make a choice today and unravel the benefits beneath.
- Father I am grateful for another week full of your grace
- Thank You for being so your kindness and for the gift of eternal life granted unto me
- Help me to assume my rightful position in you, let me get to draw nearer and closer to you
- Help me Lord to make the right choice, leaving all behind and embracing the light
- Father help me to further know you better, reveal yourself unto me
- I desire wisdom Father, crown me with it and grant me understanding in all areas of life
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.