“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?”
Memory verse: “For with God nothing will be impossible.” Luke 1:37
The word of God is not so difficult to understand but why does it seem to have little effect in peoples lives? The most straightforward answer may go in the line of ‘because most people don’t make enough time to study the word therefore their understanding is very limited to the interpretation of what other people say’. Unlike tapping from the source and being interpreted by the Holyspirit, they only ever hear the word in its diluted form; already interpreted by another. Not that there’s anything wrong hearing the word from another person, but this may sometimes give the devil a leg to stand on knowing we don’t really have pure understanding, so therefore we can be easily moved by every little thing. The devil uses this to create fear and we instantly begin to worry once fear kicks in; our faith balance becomes wobbly.
The scripture in today’s text reveals to us a sound teaching from Jesus Himself and we have more privilege than the people of old because we have the bible which is a compilation of various words which we can refer to from time to time. We therefore are in a better place to daily reassure ourselves of His teachings, words and promises but even with all these resources available, our faith is still very limited. The question is why?
I was watching a movie and a Christian lady in her late 30’s had everything going on smooth in her life and in fact she was born into a wealthy family except she has not been able to find herself a husband. Her ideal husband was a pastor or anyone with that title because she believed so much on staying on the right track and with no luck she decided to get an IVF as she had been told by the doctor she had to either have a baby within the year or her womb might be impacted by a fibroid surgery. Even I felt sorry for her fictional character but she went to the doctor who asked her a question of why she was taking the approach of a single mum via IVF and her response was “Because I don’t have enough faith” and his response to her was “You either have faith in God or not”.
Faith is not something we can pick and choose when to have and that’s why the devil knows when to attack because he spends time studding us knowing our faith is conditional but Jesus said in His word; “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
Having faith in God is having the confidence that with Him, nothing shall be impossible. If Jesus can be spending His time discussing things like food, drinks, clothing then we know that He is interested in every tiny details of our lives and we just need to be on the same page as Him to understand what’s going on and when we do so, we can continue to work in His direction.
No matter what the situation may be today, Faith in God is all you need to understand that even if things don’t go your way, it is still going according to the plans of God and we know because He has reassured us saying “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”. Jeremiah 29:11
- Father I thank you for your peace, joy and blessing experienced every day of my life
- I am grateful for your grace and leading me to live a purpose driven life
- Help me Lord to have absolute faith in you, remove every wavering and doubt from me
- Help me Lord to depend on you totally, not to rely on sources that can cease.
- Help me Lord from today to take responsibility, trust in you totally and never exercise lack of trust or doubt to your promises.
- Help me Lord to worship you in spirit and in truth. Help me to have a true relationship with you
- Bring me back to the paths I have strayed away from, let me from today be spiritually minded, know my purpose, walk in it and not allow carnal things to define me
- Thank you for being a good father, one I can deliberate with and fully trust in
- Help me Lord not to try reason you out, but surrender all occurrences in life to you and believe that you have it all under control and are able to change all circumstances for good
- Help me to wait upon you in spirit and in truth, getting instructions and directions from heaven and walking solely with the Holyspirit while I fast and pray
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen