“Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, and they did not have more than one loaf with them in the boat. Then He charged them, saying, “Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.” And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “ It is because we have no bread.” But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “Why do you reason because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?” They said to Him, “Twelve.” “Also, when I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of fragments did you take up?” And they said, “Seven.” So He said to them, “How is it you do not understand?”
Memory verse: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,” Ephesians 3:20
Life can be very challenging and the truth be told, everyone has a share of their challenges just that some people are very good at masking up. What you have perfectly sorted is a big problem to another person and the internet doesn’t make it any better as even the younger generation who should have less worries in the world have more to think as social media creates its own life challenges. One look at others on the internet, it can be easy to decide you have the worse problems in the world. Don’t be deceived, not all that glitter is gold.
You know this because even as Christians we always seem to have one prayer point or another. The bible talks about a lot of people who had genuine relationships with God but they all had one thing or another that they still lacked. People like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Moses, Daniel and a lot of others not to exclude Jesus while he was on earth had challenges which they kept talking to the God the Father about, so we see that Jesus as a person withdrew from time to time to a separate place to speak to God.
What our assurance then in life?
Our biggest assurance is that what God cannot do does not exit. If he has done it before, He will do It again and even if it’s not recorded in the bible, He can still do it for you for He can do new things.
It’s ok to worry and God understands our frame so we see that even the disciples who were constantly with Jesus seemed to worry despite seeing him perform various miracles from time to time but the human in them still worried. If those that saw Jesus face to face had worries and doubts, how about we who have never seen him?
Our worship and dependability on God is because we trust Him enough in every situation so with that in mind we know that He’s always has us covered. God is able to do all things.
- Father I thank you for another great week full of grace and unlimited goodness
- I am grateful for your blessings and ability to live a purpose driven life
- Thank you Lord for the grace to trust in you totally and believe that you can do all things
- Father do it again in my life Lord, let all your promises concerning me come to fruition
- Help me Lord to please you with my giving, let them be a sweet smelling aroma in your presence
- Help me from today to inspire others, to teach them your doctrine, to live a life of a good example and be geared towards fulfilling the great mandate of teaching others.
- Thank you for your word which gives life, thank you for the grace to hear you while you are speaking into my life and situations facing me
- Help me from today Lord to focus solely on you and not be distracted with satisfying man
- Rid me of every distraction, let my desire be heavenly and not focused on carnality
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen