“But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed, one born in my house is my heir!” And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be”. “And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.”
Memory Verse: “that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, Hebrews 6:18a.
Take a moment to look around you, what can you see? There are so many uncertainties around today’s world. It’s literally from one thing to another, the world has not fully recovered from the 2020 coronavirus pandemic and already the war between Russia and Ukraine has taken over the headlines everywhere in the world. The non-stop worldwide issues are simply enough to make anyone think God has definitely given up on mankind, hence the terrible occurrences round the globe. Some countries are experiencing difficulties in different areas which are not even making headlines, but in all, God sees everything!
Yes, the world is confused, and this confusion did not just start today, it has been from the very beginning. The devil intentionally stairs up the heart of men with the intention to redirect it from God’s original and in the end causes a lot of trouble to man. This is the reason why Eve suddenly saw the fruit differently even though it had always been there in the garden where it had always been, Eve was confused and done contrary to the commandment. “So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate” Genesis 3:6.
Because the devil will never relent on his mission to break the link between God and man, the Children of God cannot relent in God’s mission. God operates a mission opposite from the devil’s and it’s therefore impossible to be fulfilling both at the same time. Our action is a confirmation of who’s word be believe and whose mission we are embarking on.
Abraham’s blessing was as a result of His believe in God and his obedience to the word of God. For Abraham, God’s word was enough, so it accounted to him for righteousness but to Eve God’s word was not enough, so it accounted to her as a sin.
Every time we doubt the word of God even for a minute, we open ourselves up for conversations with the devil and may end up in sin. Though the world around of is uncertain, Gods word remains solid and unshakeable, therefore we can trust His word even when everything around don’t align.
Don’t let the devil confuse you, God’s word is enough!
- Father I thank you for your word which gives life and understanding to the simple
- Help me Lord to abide in your word, believe strongly in it, be unmoveable and unshakeable by the storms of the devil
- Let your word be accounted to me for righteousness
- Thank you for all you have done for me and have given me in gifts, talents and instruments of miracles
- Help me Lord to know you more, have an understanding of you, come to the realisation of you and not be zealous without knowledge
- Help me to prioritize the things of the kingdom and not procrastinate spiritually and physically
- Use me Lord as a ready vessel unto honor, I am ready for your use Lord, use me
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.