“Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve. Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.”
Memory Verse: “The end of a thing is better than its beginning. Ecclesiastes 7:8a
Growing up in Africa was fun and every time I take a break to examine how things are around the world now, it’s clear a lot has changed. Education was a must and was non- negotiable in most families, likewise, getting promoted to the next class was not automatic as the system operated then was absolutely different. You had to complete three terms in school and at the end of that academic year, you get a result which would determine if you have been successful that year or not; this is the basis of promotion to the next class.
Repeating a year was not acceptable in most homes and therefore Children would do and still do whatever it takes to ensure they passed for the year. Even more shameful was what used to happen in one of the schools I attended, the principal called out the names of those repeating each academic year out to the entire school and they now had to spend their next academic year in the exact class they were in. This meant they now had to be with their juniors in class.
Most things in life follows pretty much the same structure. Progress in most areas of life has to be earned and whiles there is the desire to progress, if an individual refuses to put in the effort, all desires simply remain a wishful thinking. The bible tells us that Faith without works is dead, James 2:26.
Jesus Our Saviour had his phase of temptation. At this time, Jesus was all by himself and there was no help for Him. He was lone till He passed through the temptation, the angels were not with Him, and it was after then His ministry started.
There is a stage in life we may never attain as Children of God because we are waiting for God to take our exams for us and that may never happen. The exam is ours to take and the result will determine if we progress through or remain stagnant.
It’s possible to know and have the opportunity to see the prize but the prize is only for those who pass.
- Father I thank you for granting me success in everything I do
- I am grateful for your Love, protection, provision and all that you do for me.
- Thank you for a wonderful week ahead and for the grace to hear from you.
- Help me to be productive, proactive and resourceful in all things i lay my hands on
- I decree success in all things and say no to failure
- Father bestow an excellent spirit upon me, I renounce failure and reproach.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.