“So it was that quails came up at evening and covered the camp, and in the morning the dew lay all around the camp. And when the layer of dew lifted, there, on the surface of the wilderness, was a small round substance, as fine as frost on the ground. So when the children of Israel saw it, they said to one another, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, “This is the bread which the LORD has given you to eat.”
Memory verse: “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Mark 11:24
Many times we pray to God requesting for things and sometimes those prayers are very specific but other times we just pray for the will of God to be done. In both directions of prayer, we have an expectation on the outcome and stand in the word of God according to Proverbs 23:18 which says “For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off.”
Sometimes we already have answers to our prayers but don’t even realise it so we keep talking to God over and over again but because we are not listening to Him, we really don’t hear Him when He’s saying “Son /Daughter, there is your answer”.
The Israelites were hungry and they started complaining to Moses and Aaron in the wilderness. A wilderness is an uninhabited, dry, neglected place that looks abandoned yet they wanted food and began to compare their past lives as slaves. To be fair at least they had food in Egypt while slaving and with their current condition, the only thing that could possibly happen is that they will die. They could not go back in haste to get food and unless a miracle happens, they will die.
The Lord heard their complaint against Moses and Aaron and He made food provisions for them. “Then the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you, Exodus 16:4a and God fulfilled His word by providing them not just random food but enough to last them a long time. They however did not know when their prayer was answered so they saw their meal and didn’t even recognise it. “So when the children of Israel saw it, they said to one aanother, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, “This is the bread which the LORD has given you to eat.” Exodus 16:15.
What are you waiting on God for? Are you sure it’s still a prayer request or it’s been answered and you just don’t recognise it because it hasn’t come in a way you expected? The Holyspirit is our Moses and He will give us understanding of everything we need know so when we pray it’s important to be attentive to the voice of the spirit.
Like the Children of Israel, we need to ask the Holyspirit for everything and work with Him daily so we don’t just continue to dance in circles assuming we are still waiting for a prayer that has already been answered. If the children of Israel did not recognise their meals and died in the wilderness then they will have their self’s to blame for not knowing that Jehovah Jireh had provided.
God never fails so we need to be as alert for our answered prayers.
- Father I thank you for always answering my prayers and doing that which is best for me
- Help me Lord to sync well with you, be attentive to the Holyspirit and be alert to answers to my prayers.
- Create in me a clean heart Lord and continually use me as a vessel unto honor
- I receive the grace to hold on to what’s important in the kingdom, to surrender all I am and all I have to you withholding nothing.
- Help me to remain in your presence, keep your temple clean and not deviate from the purpose for which you Lord have created me
- I am grateful for your kindness and for all you have done and are still doing for me
- Thank you for the grace to know you and the power of your resurrection
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.