“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”
Memory Verse: “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
Have you ever seen or met someone and secretly wished you were just like them? Often such thoughts pop-up in our minds when we see a person who is excelling in every area of life and it seem like despite dwelling on God, we are just not making a lot of progress, evident and comparable with this said person! A common phrase used by West Africans to describe such is “Life No Balance”
This can be very painful and even the Psalmist painfully said it when he raised the question in Psalm 94:3 “Lord, how long will the wicked, How long will the wicked triumph?”. It’s very human to think just like that when we see unbelievers living what we assume is the life whiles we are struggling through stages of life.
Most often, a house plant can continue to survive without watering for a while and some can do for up to 3 months but during this time, they begin to die slowly on the inside whiles still looking beautiful on the outside. There can simply be no everlasting joy for those who are cut away from God.
The outward appearance can be misleading and is often not a true reflection of one’s life but one of the many benefits of staying connected to God is the ability to remain strong . “But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31.
The word of God is alive and active; and unless we remain in Christ, everything decision in life made is one step close to a major crisis waiting to happen. There is no gain saying Christians do not have hurdles to jump, but the benefit remains that those in Christ through troubled times stay afloat and emerge victors in the end!
Sorrow may last the night, but surely in the morning comes Joy as promised by God for those you are in Him!
- Father I thank you for unlimited and unmerited grace
- Thank You for dying for me, for the grace to accept you and for access to all goodness that comes from the throne of Heaven
- I have Joy in you Lord, let my strength continually be renewed.
- I receive success in all areas of life and will showcase the evidence of your grace
- Help me to be fruitful on all sides, adhere to your instruction and direction and never waver in faith
- I nullify every spirit of failure and near success syndrome.
- I will finish well!
- Forgive my iniquities Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Thank you for going ahead, Father, I am grateful for all!