“that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
Memory Verse: “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher; “Vanity of vanities, all is vanity” Ecclesiastes 1:2.
When I was a student, I used to work part time in a retail store. I enjoyed what I did so much that I moved up the ladder very quickly. This happened not because I was the best at work, but I understood the business and how KPI’s( Key performance indicators ) were tracked and managed. Anyone who understood this and knew how to work to achieve them was a potential manager. I knew this and had my eyes on the prize.
One very important KPI was stock. The delivery cycle meant the store had delivery every day and we had a stock take every quarter. There was count schedule for different sections in the store which meant that at the end of the quarter we would have counted the whole stock in the store. A lot of things happened then which resulted in stocks becoming inaccurate. Things such as theft, missing delivery, and the rest alike and as a result there was only one thing to do – Treasure hunt.
We would go randomly round the store looking for stock that were not correctly recorded in our stock record and where there were more stock than recorded, we recorded the extra which became a plus to us. At the end of this treasure hunt activity, we may or may not have balanced or increased our stoke book.
The average human is treasure hunting and like me and my colleagues. We all are looking for things we think will add value to our lives so we seek education, careers, business, investment and the rest alike but despite all this effort, anyone without Christ is looking in the wrong place and may end up without any real value.
Elisha prayed to God that He may open the eyes of the servant to see that “one with God is majority”, 2kings 6:6-17. The real treasure is in Jesus and those who believe, trust, obey and follow His instructions are increasing their value daily.
There is no real treasure outside Christ.
- Father I thank you for this wonder filled week
- Thank You for through your sacrifice, I have access to everlasting life
- Thank You for grace and purpose
- Let your instruction be my greatest treasure, help me seek you diligently and faithfully
- Let your word dwell in me richly Lord and grant me understanding and study zeal
- In the days of temptation, I receive the grace to stand strong and undefeatable
- Help me Lord to accommodate you alone and not to allow the enemy into my space
- I have Joy in you Lord, let my strength continually be renewed.
- I receive success in all areas of life and will showcase the evidence of your grace
- Help me to be fruitful on all sides, adhere to your instruction and direction and never waver in faith
- I nullify every spirit of failure and near success syndrome.
- I will finish well!
- Forgive my iniquities Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Thank you for going ahead, Father, I am grateful for all!