“And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.”
Memory verse: “But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?” I John 3:17
Have you heard believers quoting bible verses when they want something from God? The most common being Deuteronomy 28:2-13 as most of the verses in this chapter contains blessing and blessing and even more blessings and in rounding it up, we may hear John 14:14 “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”, post prayer session people just go their way with expectations
A few days/ weeks/ months later, we begin to query God saying “but you said ask anything in the name of Jesus and it will be done” yet it’s still not done. The problem is that we have not taken time to understand that receiving in the name of Jesus is only for those that love Him enough to obey His word.
The name of Jesus is not magic and whiles his blood was share for everyone both saints & sinners, Some things we will never receive if we continually fail ignore His commandments. “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.” Matthew 22:37-39.
Doing those things pleasing to God and not ignoring the needy is an evidence of understanding what’s important to God .
When we focus on what’s important to God, He focuses on what’s important to us!
- Father I thank you for this wonder filled week ahead
- Thank You for through your sacrifice, I have access to everlasting life
- Help me to understand kingdom principles O Lord, reach out to the needy and be a blessing to others
- Father bless my seeds Lord and let it bring forth for me in a hundred folds
- I will finish well!
- Forgive my iniquities Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Thank you for going ahead, Father, I am grateful for all!