“And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.”
Memory verse: “For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.” Romans 11:36.
Many times, in life we get scared when assigned a task or assignment, all because we are unsure of being able to deliver as expected and our approach to God’s given assignment is no different. We may spend a lifetime preparing for something but when the day comes to be tested, that day brings its own bag of special fear and anxiety. This is normal for even the most organised and most intelligent people; they get shaken up when given a task due to the fear of failure.
Every time God gives me a new assignment, I think it through and overthink it. Often, I hear, unhear and re-hear. I may even go through a phase of denial telling myself it can’t be God then I move on to check my inner capability knowing that I obviously don’t qualify as I have no skills to deliver the task and often no finances to make it happen. Once this inner assessment is complete, I conclude that God cannot put me in a fix, you know like Moses and Jonah’s kind of fix.
My approach was like above, up until when I realised that if God sends you on an assignment , you are just a vessel through which He is working. Everything that God send’s you to do, you have already been equipped for it and just like Apostle Paul and Joshua, you can deliver if you keep your focus of God.
You do not need to physically have everything you need! Some of them will be released in phases but you will just never know until you step out in faith. Apostle Paul said in today‘s bible verse, that he did not have excellent speech, he had a lot of weaknesses, and he was determined not to pretend to know. One thing which he was focused on was demonstrating the power of the Holy sport which would fully be glorifying God.
What is God asking you to do? What are your excuses? When you step forward, who will be glorified? If your assignment is for the Glory of God, then you are good to go. Be prepared to face challenges but where God’s name is involved, victory is definite.
- Father, thank You for another glorious day full of your mercies
- Thank you, for your love, peace, and happiness
- Forgive my iniquities Lord, help me to live my life for you
- Help me to show unwavering love to you Lord and demonstrate to all around me
- Help me to surrender all to you, understand that I am your vessel and be ready for all your great works.
- Father make me a valuable asset in your kingdom Lord, make me a ready vessel and use me for your great works.
- Father helps me not to worry about a thing, help me to live a stress-free life
- I surrender all to you Lord, withholding nothing! I cast all my burden unto you.
- Help me Lord to trust in you totally and rise above every element of doubt.
- Help me to live a life consecrated to you and dedicated to your words and treasures
- Guide me though the week Lord and make me a champion on all sides
- Thank You Lord for answers to my prayers, IJMN I pray, Amen.