“For there is hope for a tree, If it is cut down, that it will sprout again, And that its tender shoots will not cease.
Memory Verse: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5.
Having taken a look at yourself lately; what can you see? Do you see a work in progress or have you written concluded you have attained and as such there is no more room for improvement? If yes, that will be a wrong move.
A few days ago, I was examining life and the stages in which we grow and as the spirit of God took me through that journey, I realised most of what we all see in life and what we assume is the finished product is only the start of another phase in life! This made perfect sense to me.
Conception is the stage where we know a baby is starts formation and at birth there is excitement of fulfillment, a sense of completion but that stage is only the beginning of another stage. The next stage usually begins just immediately after the completion of the current phase hence it made sense that immediately after birth, the child needs to grow in various areas in other to fully function.
As a result of expected continued growth, people begin to get concerned if a child does not hit expected development milestones. Those milestones are what the world see and when it’s not evidence then everyone starts to worry about the child.
As Children of God, we are meant to look at life in a very different way as we know that even when the result may not be evident to the world, we believe God is without doubt working something out for our own good. We do this because He had decided our destiny even before we were formed in the womb therefore we have a defined future.
God knew Moses would deliver the people of Israel from slavery even before Moses was born and even after birth, Moses was not really a big deal. Yes, he lived in luxury because he by chance became an adopted prince but there was nothing interesting about Moses’ life. He had a transition phase from a prince to a pauper according to Exodus 2:11-15 until God had finished working on that phase of Moses’ life. After this, he began his journey as a deliverer in Exodus 3.
There’s no giving up until death as the bible reminds us today even when the world can see that we have completely fallen, there is hope for us to rise again and stand up tall because Christ is our route so falling is only the start of rising.
Either the world can see it or not, we know the thoughts that God think toward us, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give us a future and a hope, Jeremiah 29:11.
- Father I am grateful for another day full of your joy
- Thank You for being my Father, blessing my bread and water and taking sickness away from me
- I rededicate my life to you Lord, I surrender all to you and key into your times and seasons
- I surrender myself Lord, build me up, use me for your purpose.
- Do a new thing in my life Lord, give me new beginnings, multiply me in all fronts, help me to serve you wholeheartedly.
- Help me to assume my rightful position in you, let me get to draw nearer and closer to you
- Help me Lord to make the right choice, leaving all behind and embracing the light
- Father help me to further know you better, reveal yourself unto me
- I desire wisdom Father, crown me with it and grant me understanding in all areas of life
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.