Who may stay in God’s temple or live on the holy mountain of the Lord? Only those who obey God and do as they should.
They speak the truth and don’t spread gossip; they treat others fairly and don’t say cruel things. They hate worthless people,
but show respect for all who worship the Lord. And they keep their promises, no matter what the cost. They lend their money without charging interest, and they don’t take bribes to hurt the innocent. Those who do these things will always stand firm.
Memory verse: Live under the protection of God Most High and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful. Psalm 91:1
My church has been reciting psalm 91 for years now and its a very interesting Psalm so I have gotten use to saying it every Sunday morning as a declaration in church but on a day like today, I came across Psalm 15 again only that this time it sounded differently to me. I realized that a few of King David’s writings are connected and are useful in giving a clear direction in love.
Despite declaration and knowing psalm 91 like the back of my palm, I came to the realisation that living under the protection of God (dwelling in his secret place NKJV) comes with some rules. In other words, even with God our Father, there are house rules, else you will continue continue to make that declaration without any real effectiveness.
Do you have some rules in your home? I’d love to assume most families have rules. God has some rules in his temple and they are different for visitors .
Psalm 24:3-4 Who may climb the Lord’s hill or stand in his holy temple?
- Only those who do right for the right reasons, and
- They don’t worship idols or tell lies under oath.
Who may stay in God’s temple?
Only those who obey God and do as they should.
- They speak the truth and
- They don’t spread gossip and
- They treat others fairly and
- They don’t say cruel things and
- They hate worthless people but
- They show respect for all who worship the Lord and
- They keep their promises, no matter what the cost
- They lend their money without charging interest and
- They don’t take bribes to hurt the innocent
Without comparing, it’s easy to say that these are not selective criterias but mandatory for all who wish to be associated with God and dwell in Him.
- Father I thank you for your blessings and peace
- Thank you for all you do for me and my loved ones.
- Help me to reside in your secret place and abide under your shadow.
- Locate me in my time of need O Lord, and let me not take any step except that which you guide me to.
- Help me Lord to live in oneness following your principles and sharing your love with others
- Help me to believe in the abilities you have given me, understand my formation and cast aside every element of worry and attributes of setbacks.
- Help me to be fully devoted to you and be passionate about my relationship with you
- Go Ahead of Me Lord, guide me, order my steps, direct me and let this be my year of unprecedented grace.
- Give me Oil, keep me burning and let me never depart from your presence.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.