Soon Jesus and his disciples were on their way to the town of Nain, and a big crowd was going along with them. As they came near the gate of the town, they saw people carrying out the body of a widow’s only son. Many people from the town were walking along with her. When the Lord saw the woman, he felt sorry for her and said, “Don’t cry!” Jesus went over and touched the stretcher on which the people were carrying the dead boy. They stopped, and Jesus said, “Young man, get up!” The boy sat up and began to speak. Jesus then gave him back to his mother.
Memory Verse: All who call out to the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13.
What happens when you are in need? As a Christian, you will Pray, wait and hope that something will happen to remove what seem like the problem. Having done all that, you just find no way out as the expected response isn’t forthcoming but then, someone turns up later, someone able to give you that which you desperately needed. Only that now, it’s too late because the help you needed was time sensitive.
let’s bring this more to light, you have a payment coming out of your account but then you don’t have all the money needed by the bank. The bank comes knocking, attempts to take some money but you don’t have enough, so the payment doesn’t go through, but you are still charged for the attempted debit transaction, and most likely on the defaulted payment, you have to pay a late payment fee. After that cycle, someone pays in some money into your account and now you can make payment, but you are now worse off as you now have to pay the bill, the reversal fee + late payment fee. Now imagine if someone had transferred money to you a day before the debit on your account was due? That would have been timely right? And you wouldn’t have to think about the extra costs and the inconvenience it brings.
This was the story of the widow. She had lost her helper (her husband was dead) making her the sole provider for her family and the devil was now attempting to push her even further, her son was dead. How could this be happening to the same person at a time that Jesus was on earth?
Many times, our life goes from one shape to another without help and we cry like the widow, but we also forget that Jesus is our Lord and master over all situations. Jesus who demonstrated His authority over all in the case of the widow of Nain and is able to do same and even exceedingly more than you can imagine in your own situation.
Don’t give the devil a chance to rob you off your Joy, Jesus is right here with you now that you need Him, all you have to do is call on Him.
- Father I am grateful for your love and ability to turn my life around
- Thank you for never leaving nor forsaking me, helping me to grow daily.
- Thanks, you for your provisions and solutions
- Forgive my sins Lord and create in me a clean heart.
- Help me to reach out to you in all circumstances and never rely on self wisdom.
- Give me the ability to patiently wait on you and to believe and receive.
- Help me to lay aside every judgemental spirit and aspire to help others grow instead.
- Father help to adhere to your plans and principles for my life. Let it be an expression of your grace.
- Father Lord, let your hand multiply me in every realm of life.
- Thank you, Lord, in Jesus’ name I Pray, Amen.