Those seeds that fell on good ground are the people who listen to the message and keep it in good and honest hearts. They last and produce a harvest.
Memory Verse: You will know them by their fruits. Matthew 7:16
The past devotionals have been focused on the theme “The Sower Has Sown” and this has opened my eyes to various area of a Christian life, where God is involved and where we have to take the baton and begin to run with it.
The most interesting part of studying the various parts is the understanding of God’s expectation from His children and today’s writeup is to talk on “what He expects”.
When God created man, His declaration into our lives is to “Be fruitful and multiply”; in other words, live a productive life. God’s words were not meant for Christians alone but for every human being whom God has invested His time into creating. As a result, this expectation is from all creation.
There is however clarity on what type of thing God’s creation are allowed to produce – after its own kind. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so Genesis 1:24. This was the last of God’s creation before He created man and since then, even man has created after its own kind.
As we all produce after our own original kind, When the word of God is sown into our lives with Jesus as the foundation, there is an expectation of reproduction. So, when people say I am a good soil but have no interest in reproduction, it is therefore easy to say their source is very questionable. The children of God respond to the word of God the father and live their lives for His glory. Therefore a non-productive life does not align with God’s plan and purpose.
Are you a child of God?
What has the word of God in you produced? You are not known by what you say or own but by your fruit.
- Father, thank you for your word that gives live and understanding.
- Thank you for great is your mercy.
- Thank you for being my rock and salvation.
- Forgive my sins Lord and create in me a clean heart.
- Help me Lord to produce fruits as you have commanded; in sixties and hundred folds.
- Father help me to be deeply rooted in you, not to be emotional but spiritually attached.
- Take my heart Lord and let it be consecrated to you.
- Let my life be an expression of your grace Lord.
- Make me a hearer, likewise a doer of your word.
- Thank you, Lord, in Jesus’ name I Pray, Amen.