Two By Two!
Monday, March 30, 2020
Bible Text: Mark 6:6a-7 “Then Jesus went from village to village, teaching the people. And he called his twelve disciples together and began sending them out two by two, giving them authority to cast out evil spirits.”
Memory Verse: Amos 3:3 “Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?”
Doing things alone can quickly become very boring and often you find out that while some are comfortable executing their day to day tasks by themselves, others need a little support here and there to get things done properly, and this is why most businesses adopt the tram work strategy. You can go into an interview and get asked if you work better more individually or as part of a team, ideally the employer is looking for someone who is skilled in doing both, majorly more individually and has no issue with collaborating.
If you study the scriptures through the life of Christ, you will gradually realise that not only did God lay down all the principles we have adopted into the world today, Jesus also lived on earth following all those principles and we as Christians need to try and walk those path. Successful businesses out there are adopting biblical strategies, just that those strategies are renamed and they sound all new to the hearer. Studying the word of God is more productive than the best motivational book you have ever seen, so it advisable that all ambassadors of Christ go back to the basics and immerse ourselves in the study and edification of the scriptures because it is indeed enriched and profitable for reprove, correction, instruction and direction.
Jesus applied a sound strategy when he was sending out His disciples to go exploits in the world. You can note a few points here:
- Jesus was particular about teamwork– This approach meant they could encourage each other when the journey starts to become discouraging.
- Jesus knew two people were needed to provide a valid witness – People will believe more when the same message was being preached by two people who were on the same page. Means one could testify to the goodness the other is talking about.
- Jesus gives more authority when we work together – Matthew 18:20.
- Jesus cites humility as a tool to oneness – They had to be in agreement to work together and get results. Amos 3:3
Many people are failing today in their daily lives because they do not understand the concept of the things Jesus did. God has not create anyone to function alone hence why he created Eve as a “helper” for Adam Genesis 2:18.
If you are still working in isolation, there is a better chance you are not maximizing your potentials as a business and likewise as an individual. Do you currently pray alone always? How long do you spend talking to God? If you find yourself an active prayer partner and find daily study time for the word of God, would you believe that you can achieve better results?
Intentionally isolating yourself to do things alone could easily mean you are still struggling with humility. Although Jesus did not specifically give a reason for assigning pairs to preach the gospel, we can evidently see that God never intends for us to do things in isolation. Even in heavens, there is trinity and in the book of Isaiah 1:18, as much as GOD is supreme, He still calls us to reason together with Him, He decides to come down to our level to hear us and our opinion out.
The power of working in pairs is phenomenal so start thinking of someone who can be your positive influence. If you don’t choose your company wisely then they will choose you and you may unintentionally become unequally yoked with unbelievers. I urge you today to make an active step toward the next level in faith.
Get yourself a daily study buddy or group who is/are possibly scripture sound and adhering and together spend time exploring these word of God daily.
- Thank you Father for another wonderful day in your presence.
- I pray you go ahead of me this week and send me people whom I can work together with and grow in the faith
- Help me to be a genuine ambassador of you, becoming a hearer and doer of your word, humble me to understand the goodness of accountability partners.
- Forgive my iniquities Lord and let your mercy prevail over judgement
- Thank you Father and in Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
I’m reading the YouVersion plan ‘Bible in One Year 2020 With Nicky Gumbel’. Check it out by clicking on the caption below.