26 And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. 29 But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
Memory verses: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. Mathew 6:20
Investments are very good and the average individual has their personal reason why they look to investing in one area or the other but the key thing to understand is that most investments comes risk. Usually they are certain investments that just always seem so attractive, promising you huge returns within a short period of time and often we find out in the end that people who take those path usually get easily scammed, losing their capital with zero return on investment. One thing stands out though with all investors, everyone is in it for increase and no one just invest for the fun of it neither for the purpose of losing and investing with God is no different.
Most people fail to invest in the right things and because we fail to look at the big picture, we invest in everything but the most important thing. We invest time, money and even energy into perishable things and item we can physically see. This happens because the devil knows that humans are driven by greed hence when he wanted to tempt Jesus, he took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” Matthew 4:8-9
What do you spend most of your waking time doing and what is your most valuable investment? in today’s parable Jesus likens the kingdom of heaven to a man who scatters in the ground and he goes to sleep, his seeds grow because the earth yielded crops by itself. The man actually sleeps and yet his crops increases and in the end able to enjoy a great harvest because he invested. Imagine he had failed to invest, there would have been nothing for the earth to yield for him to enjoy and re-invest from.
It’s become even more clear that we only harvest if we invest at the right time therefore if we desire to have life in abundance, we have to invest our life with God John 10:10b. The word of God tells us the position of God in our lives and in the abundance that we seek from our life. Our life naturally yields all the positivity, goodness, peace, joy that we desire because we made the right decision to invest wisely.
As children of God, whiles striving to live a comfortable live on earth, it’s important to note that there are certain things we must invest in:
- Time with God – Prayer, study, fellowship
- Development of Spiritual Gifts – development of spiritual gifts brings spiritual returns
- Christ like character – Constantly emulating Christ according to His word
Every time we make an investment towards the things of God, we are storing up unperishable treasures in heaven guaranteed for a sure return. Do not be discouraged if your investment doesn’t look like it’s giving you a quick return on investment, you are to rest in trusting God knowing that those investments have the highest return in the world and in heaven.
Have a change of heart from today, move away from investing in perishables to unperishable ventures.
- Father I thank you for your blessings and reassurance at every point in time
- Help me from today Lord to invest in things above, not things that will eventually lose value
- I receive the grace to be spiritually minded and not invest in the flesh
- Thank you for you are God over all storms and the day to day strength I need
- I renounce and denounce every spirit of fear, I receive the ability to believe, I receive power, boldness, sound mind and all round peace
- Help me Lord to be in the right place at the right time, walking in the purpose for which you have created me
- Let me not be ashamed and give the devil no chance to derail me from my assignment
- Go Ahead of Me Lord, guide me, order my steps, direct me and let this be my month of unprecedented grace.
- Give me Oil, keep me burning and let me never depart from your presence.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen