And with many such parables He spoke the word to them as they were able to hear it. But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.
Memory Verse: Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2
These days, everything is up in the air. We literally see on TV and social media majority of what goes on in people’s lives and the word privacy, its meaning and benefits are fast becoming irrelevant. Every young child and adult are so keen to be out in the open because they think their best shot at living a happy and profitable life is being able to display everything to the world for approval through comments and likes and the long impact is that people begin to lose their main purpose of doing things. The main intention of doing most things is altered by the need to be seen by the world else we think we are not visible enough and instead of focusing on our vision, we now focus on the validation we intend to receive.
Growing up as a child, my father had a very different way of dealing with us and considering he isn’t a man of many words, he tends to pick and choose what he said, he mostly spoke in parables. His most repeated parables were the value of things purchased on the road side compared to that purchased in a store. He always drove a point that whatever merchandise is being vended by the road side will be valued less and most importantly could be bargained by anyone till it loses its overall value but that which is packaged and presented in a reputable store can command a high price. Because it is in that environment, people who come over there automatically see it as valuable.
Jesus loved His privacy and we see these from looking at the scripture when he healed the man with leprosy, His words to the man was “See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.” Matthew 8:4. We can also see this by looking through various scriptures. At some point, we will notice that Jesus constantly withdrew from the crowd to pray “And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there.” Matthew 14:24. Jesus loved spending time alone communicating with the father.
In today’s bible reading, we see that though Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables, He later explained “all” things to His disciples privately. His disciples had a major advantage because they spent time alone with Him. If you are a Christian and you spend more time focusing on building a relationship with the world in place of spending lone time with Christ, then you are missing the benefits of those who walk privately with Christ.
Though Jesus was constantly with the crowd, His most valuables was shared with His disciples and we see that He only gave His body and blood to those who were alone with Him Matthew 26:17-30. Every time we are out in the face of the world, its important to note that we are losing value, virtue, power and a host of other benefits, we become exposed and get drained. Jesus experienced this in Luke 8:46 and He said “Somebody touched Me, for I perceived power going out from Me.” The only time we really get recharged and become uniquely packaged is when we spend alone time with Christ.
- Father I thank you for your unlimited blessings and reassurance at every point in time
- Thank you for the grace to know you and to spend time alone with you
- Help me from today Lord to lay aside seeking approval from the world but to focus on you
- Help me from today Lord to invest in things above, not things that will eventually lose value
- I receive the grace to be spiritually minded and not invest in the flesh
- Thank you for you are God over all storms and the day to day strength I need
- I renounce and denounce every spirit of fear, I receive the ability to believe, I receive power, boldness, sound mind and all round peace
- Help me Lord to be in the right place at the right time, walking in the purpose for which you have created me
- Let me not be ashamed and give the devil no chance to derail me from my assignment
- Go Ahead of Me Lord, guide me, order my steps, direct me and let this be my month of unprecedented grace.
- Give me Oil, keep me burning and let me never depart from your presence
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.