“Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!”
Memory Verse: “I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.” Isaiah 43:11
The word of God is a very interesting source that gives us a true foundation to build our everyday life on but the devil tries so hard to make sure we prioritise every other thing above God’s word, making us live and go through our day without our one true navigation. The understanding we get from His word totally answers some of life troubling questions and one of such is what we see in today’s bible reading of Jeremiah 18:3-6.
The first most important things to realise is our source. Once a mother conceives, the child begins to form and as part of that formation, he/she inherits various traits from the fathers and mothers side, biologically called genes. As part of antenatal visits, the midwife questions the mother asking if there is a family history of any sort of health issues from parents which needs to be disclosed. This question helps them understand and depict possibilities or any chance that the child is at risk of inheriting the health issues, even if it’s 1%. With this understanding, health professionals build a profile for potential test to carry out not just immediately but note down any future test that may be required to make sure there is nothing missed out.
The same is for us as Children of God, we need to have the understanding of where we come from. The bible tells us in Genesis 1:27, “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
God is our maker (potter) and we the clay He molds us into whatever His heart desires and if He desires, He can remold us into something else which He pleases. Because we belong to God, He alone has the ability to mold and remold our lives and no other person is given that authority.
“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12.
A lot of things may go wrong and the devil may try to push boundaries but he has no authority to remold you and I. When every time temporary life events start to threaten our peace, it’s important to know that if God does not save or deliver then nobody can.
Whiles there’s is live, there is still an opportunity to be molded today into something more beautiful than you were yesterday but that will only happen if you are dwelling in the presence of God where there is an opportunity to be remolded.
- Father I thank you for your faithfulness which is amazing. Thank you for making my life beautiful
- Thank You for the era and season you created me into and for the uncertainties surrounding me in which you are in control of
- I am grateful for your generosity and my given ability to live a purpose driven life
- Father remold me where necessary Lord, make me into that which pleases you, I surrender all to you.
- Father help me to rely on you, trust in you totally, not see the hurdles, but see the victories ahead and attain them
- Father do not be silent on my case Lord; I receive the zeal to carry you along every moment in my life
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen