“Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.”
Memory verse: “Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,” I Peter 2:4
Many times we look at people and just admire them. The way they carry themselves, their delivery of speech, their level of understanding and the way in which they relate with great confidence, their composure and a host of other qualities, they seem to have it all under control. We see people like this and we begin to question ourselves and even at times beat ourselves up simply because we assume they are definitely better than us. But a word of encouragement for you today is “things are not always as it seems on the outside, you don’t see the battles within”
Social media has however taught us that somethings are only for the public to see, It’s like a website with beautiful front pages, the back end is full of codes that looks so messy. Most times what we beat ourselves up about is just what people display for the camera and we on the other hand begin to evaluate ourselves, question our progress, competency and ability to do things, something we should learn not to do and desist from.
It’s time to go back to basics about our formation and the level of authority which God endowed us with. From when we believe in our heart and confess Jesus with our mouth, we have automatically reset to that person that God created in the very beginning with authority and power. The bible tells us God gave Adam so much authority that whatever he gave names retained their names till now. “Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.” Genesis 2:19
God also created Adam and spoke fulfilment into his life with authority to have dominion over all and though that the devil tried to rob man off those, the blood of Jesus has redeemed and reset us to default setting and Jesus confirmed it when he sent his disciples out. Interestingly Jesus have a new set of authority now over demons and diseases which takes us to a whole new level but often because we don’t realise how much we carry, we still doubt our competences and qualification.
We may not know how much God had deposited in us if we don’t step out and begin to operate in our given space. The bible tells us that Jesus was qualified by the blood and empowered by the Holyspirit.
Without doubt, sin deformed us, but in our imperfections, God qualifies us. Don’t look down on yourself or see yourself less that others, Christ came to qualify the unqualified!
- Father I thank you for your sacrifice of Love, the greatest love of all
- Thank you for qualifying me through your blood on Calvary Cross
- I receive the boldness to operate in the grace and position you have put me
- I receive the grace to walk with you till the end, to love and appreciate you.
- I receive the grace to enjoy the benefits of your sacrifice, to live a life of righteousness
- Thank you for your love, for all you have done for me and have given me in gifts, talents and grace
- Thank you for giving me dominion and power to conquer
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.