“Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, “This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you.”
Memory verse: “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41
Does your mind ever wonder what happens with new year resolutions? They are like promises we make to ourselves at the end of a year hoping to fulfill as soon as we cross into a new year but most of the time it doesn’t really work. We mean those things when we say them but the reality is that the spirit is willing and ever ready to take us in a journey of fulfillment but our body specialises in letting us down.
What then happens when our body lets us down as usual ranges from some beating themselves up, some give up completely, interestingly some don’t even realise they have gone back on all their new year resolutions so for people in that category, it’s back to Business as Usual. A small percentage of people gracefully see their resolutions through but in all, everything in life remains a work in progress.
The whole world may be celebrating a new year and settling resolutions but for us as children of God we know that God is able to give us “a new beginning” anytime. The Israelites had a new year specially crafted for them by God. He said “it shall be the first month of the year to you.” They are God’s own special people and if He had to create a special calendar for them, so be it.
When there are areas of life which seems to be working completely opposite to how we planned it for the year, the natural response will be to start looking at how long we have spent in the year and doubting if anything will work out but we have to remember that our strength may not be able to accomplish them all but with prayers and trust in the Lord with “all our heart”, it is still possible to hit those milestones.
If only we can pray and let the spirit take us on a journey of accomplishment, then we will realise that God’s timing is our priority not human calendar date. I urge you to stop putting yourself under pressure and allow the spirit of God to navigate you all day every day.
God’s time is always a preferred option and we can be rest assured that our new beginnings are as dictated by God. You aren’t too old for anything because God decides when the time is right and all things are accomplishable if they are surrendered to God and personal strength not relied on. Irrespective we have to be dedicated, committed and be determined to achieve.
God will help us all in Jesus name, Amen.
- Father I thank you for your faithfulness and your loving kindness
- Thank you for qualifying me through your blood on Calvary Cross
- Give me a new beginning Lord, help me to accomplish and redeem the lost time
- I receive the boldness to operate in the grace and position you have put me
- I receive the grace to walk with you till the end, to love and appreciate you.
- I receive the grace to enjoy the benefits of your sacrifice, to live a life of righteousness
- Thank you for your love, for all you have done for me and have given me in gifts, talents and grace
- Thank you for giving me dominion and power to conquer
- Help me Lord to run the race till the end and not lose my crown.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.