“And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “I have heard the complaints of the children of Israel. Speak to them, saying, ‘At twilight you shall eat meat, and in the morning you shall be filled with bread. And you shall know that I am the LORD your God.’ This is the thing which the LORD has commanded: ‘Let every man gather it according to each one’s need, one omer for each person, according to the number of persons; let every man take for those who are in his tent.”
Memory verse: “Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” James 2:17
It is believed that faith is all we need to move mountains and turn situations around and yes Jesus did mention this in Matthew 17:20, “So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Many Christians quote this regularly however they miss completely the latter path of that passage where Jesus said “However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:21.
Many times, we miss out on our answered prayers because we assume that all we need to do is pray and do nothing else. Therefore, many people spend a good time praying which is beautiful but fail to make progress due to lack of understanding that the response to their prayers comes as an instruction from God, detailing what they need to do and implement.
God’s part in making our lives fruitful is to approve our request and that we see in today’s bible text when God responded to Moses. God heard them and gave the Israelites an overview of what will happen in the future but they had an action to take to bring it to fruition. They physically had to go out daily to gather else even though God had made provisions which was an answer to their prayers, they could still live in lack if they fail to action the instruction God gave.
Ignorance is not an excuse and lack of action will only produce zero result. Prayer is our way of requesting and communicating with God and faith activated our request but works delivers the tangible results.
I encourage you to listen out for God’s instructions from today when you pray and the grace to implement it will be bestowed upon you in Jesus name, Amen.
- Father I thank you for another wonderful week just rounding up
- Thank you for the grace not to ask amidst and to abide in you
- Thank you for your love and kindness, for your blessings all through
- Help me Lord to listen when you instruct and to grant me the wisdom to implement correctly
- I renounce and denounce laziness and I receive the anointing to pray without ceasing
- I am grateful for your protection, provision and for all that you do for me.
- I am thine O Lord, let me continually be in your camp, not to please the world but to please you Lord.
- I surrender all to you, I withhold nothing, I give myself away and I rededicate my all to you
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.