For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Memory verse: Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, Titus 3:1
If a random person walked up to you or myself asking us why we’re in your current employment, many of us will have answers which may include that we qualify for the position because we specifically studied to a higher education level for it or went through an apprenticeship program to earn the rank. This conversation might include a statement that we have been preparing our whole lives for this hence we are not there by accident.
Others may not even have the slightest idea of what they were doing but ultimately landed a role and started progressing through it and have become well blended in over time. Each one of us will have something to say about why we are currently in our lines of duty and that’s a purpose driven life. Knowing why we are where we are is a good indication that we are not living by accident.
Though we all have excellent reasons and explanations to back up our points for being in a Job, if you or myself were to be asked “why do you think God created you”, will we be able to give a valid explanation or answer? For a fact, some will stammer because to them they think it’s a random question but is it really?
The bible talks about God creating Eve for a special purpose; And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” Genesis 2:18. Adam was created to tend and keep the garden of Eden. He was accountable for everything while Eve was his deputy to ensure things were being done just how Adam instructed but it all went sour when Eve a helper took decisions about the garden of Eden in Adam’s absence, forgetting Adam was the Head of the garden and she was the deputy. She took that decision because she did not understand the reason she was created.
Adam got an instruction from God, He knew why he was positioned in the garden of Eden, and since he could hear the voice of God, he also got direct instructions from God Genesis 2:15-17 hence when God came back after then had sinned, God questioned Him directly. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?” So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.” Genesis 3:9-10.
As children of God, we should know, have a sound understanding and be able to clearly articulate what we have been created for; else we could just be Christians without living a purpose driven life.
The word of God is filled with everything we need to know about what God our Father and Author intends for us and in there He tells us why we have been created. Today we see that God created us for good works hence if we say we are Christians and don’t know how to show love to our neighbors then we automatically are not doing the good works we have been created for.
Good works is not something we do occasionally or in certain areas of life, good works is something we ought to do always and in all areas of our lives. We do good works at home, school, work, gym, on the streets, on the plane, on the bus, on the train, all place and everywhere.
Is this who you are?
Your good work is an evidence that you are living a life of purpose.
- Father I am grateful for another week of your amazingness
- Thank You for being so your lovingkindness and for the gift of eternal life granted unto me
- Father I receive the zeal for good works, help me to me an imitator of your goodness
- Help me to be diligent in being a shining light, giving life to all around me and reachable by me
- Father help me to further know you better, reveal yourself unto me
- I desire wisdom Father, crown me with it and grant me understanding in all areas of life
- Help me to study my salvation daily with fear and trembling and to love you unconditionally
- Help me Lord to mind what I say out and to maintain my advantage over the devil.
- Help me to get closer to you Lord, to know your mind and to receive direction and instructions from you
- Help me Lord not to grieve the Holy Spirit but to remain in sync and abiding always.
- Help me Lord to focus on you solely and not be carnally minded
- Help me to be compassionate towards others, to show benevolence and to meet other’s needs
- I receive the power of a giver, guide me Lord and lead me to reach out to those in need
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.