But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the labourer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.
Memory Verse: Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16.
Peace in all simplicity is the absence of war and while the idea of war may sound like going on the battle front, the recent life event which affected the whole world (Corona Virus pandemic) is an evidence that anything that takes us from a settled state of mind to a troubled state, this alone is War on its own.
As a result of the pandemic, the world was confused and everything that took priority in people’s lives became less of a priority with everyone stuck at home with the government having declared national lockdowns. Thank God things have calmed down a bit with measures in place but while still in the heat, material things which we worked so hard to accumulate assuming they gave us peace of mind, became the least of our problems because even though we had them, we just were not close to peace. The fear of the unknown took over the world and everyone no matter how rich, wealthy, classy, healthy, advanced, lived in fear. Till today regardless of the vaccines, many still live in fear posed by the pandemic.
In light of this, while some people panicked so much during this time, some were actually relaxed even though everyone was in the same boat. They just had so much peace in them that it almost felt they were in a different world to the one we presently live in. I must confess I was initially all over the place too, troubled at heart and doing all to make sure I evade getting infected but as time progressed, I began to realise that God’s peace was all that could take me through this season.
When Jesus sent his disciples out to the world, He gave them authority to speak calmness and peace into the lives of those they came in contact with, but that peace was not forced on people. It was voluntary and Jesus gave them authority to withdraw the peace back from whoever was not interested.
The peace of God has been given but we deprive ourselves of enjoying the benefits of that peace because we allow the devil to trouble our mind and where we do not have peace within us, it becomes impossible for the peace of God to dwell in us. Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?1 Corinthians 3:16.
The peace of God will need a settled state of mind to remain permanently in us therefore it’s important to pray that God helps us remain in peace within ourselves despite all the troubles in the world.
The peace of the Lord which surpasses all human understanding will be sufficient for us all in Jesus’ name, Amen.
- Father I thank You for you are my all in all
- I surrender all to you Lord, help me to enjoy your peace like a river
- I dwell in God’s peace which surpasses all human understanding.
- I receive the power and grace to resent the devil and not succumb to his tricks
- Thank you for your word which gives life and understanding to the people
- Help me to walk in your paths, choose right, depend on you and not be misguided by men
- I thank You for your unlimited victories which I experience daily
- Help me to see more of you and less of me.
- Help me to be in unity with you Lord and be united as part of the body of Christ.
- Bring me to the understanding to see you for direction always and not be self-reliant
- Help me to be kind and generous to others, fulfilling your commandment of love
- Forgive my sins Lord and answer my prayers, in Jesus’ name, Amen.