“As Jesus walked along the shore of Lake Galilee, he saw two brothers who were fishermen, Simon (called Peter) and his brother Andrew, catching fish in the lake with a net. Jesus said to them, “Come with me, and I will teach you to catch people.” At once they left their nets and went with him.
He went on and saw two other brothers, James and John, the sons of Zebedee. They were in their boat with their father Zebedee, getting their nets ready. Jesus called them, and at once they left the boat and their father, and went with him.”
Many times, we see people do amazing things and wonder if we could ever come close to doing same or matching that. We at times see these achievers and some analysis on why we cannot be same starts popping up in our minds. We possibly in our minds start saying things like, “He’s just lucky”, “She has rich parents” etc, and with that we find peace in our selves saying we just an ordinary person, more of average hence why we just let ourselves do the bare minimum and continue to enjoy being average.
When the time comes and God calls us for an assignment, those excuses we have settled in our mind is the same response we give to God and without saying it out, we just don’t follow God or carry out the great assignment He has given us. We see ourselves as just an ordinary man incapable of doing the extraordinary things or reaching those high heights.
Abraham’s calling was very significant! He was an Ordinary man and so was Moses, David, Gideon, Elijah, and a host of others who turned out great doing the extraordinary but even so interesting was when Jesus called His disciples. His first four were ordinary fishermen, first set of brothers Simon and Peter, then unto the next set of brothers James and John, son of Zebedee, Matthew 4:18-22.
Jesus chose ordinary men to do the extraordinary but the chosen had choices, either to follow Jesus and become extraordinary or remain ordinary. There is no doubt that there are limitations but when we live a live directed by God, the power of God in us beings to do amazing thing, Act 1:8.
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
God chooses the ordinary man then empowers him so yes you are ordinary, but you are the right fit for the work of God.
Daily Declaration – This year, The Lord Almighty has prepared a banquet for me a banquet of the richest and the finest of everything the year has to offer. He has suddenly removed the cloud of sorrow that has been hanging over my life. The Sovereign Lord has destroyed death forever! He has wiped away the tears from my eyes and taken away the disgrace /shame/lack/tears/pain /sicknesses i have suffered. The Lord himself has spoken – Amen. Isaiah 25:6-8
- Father I am grateful for another wonderful day learning at your feet
- Thank you for your love, kindness, and patience
- Forgive my sins Lord, I rededicate my life to you
- Help me Lord from today to listen and adhere when you instruct, I desire obedience
- Help me to believe totally in you to provide and meet all my needs for purpose fulfilment
- Give me strength to wade off the vices of the enemy and to rise above temptation
- Help me Lord to pray consistently and not worry
- I surrender all my Plans to you, take them and transform them to your will
- Help me to stand and walk with you all through this year and not rely on self
- Help me never to take you out of the picture but to abide and seek you always
- Bless me Lord and answer my prayers, in Jesus’ name, Amen.