“This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. “But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.”
Memory verse: “But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.” John 5:40
Many at times, we are confused even though we appear like most things makes perfect sense. This happens because we have interpreted purpose using the word’s standard and at such we spend each day going deep into a way of life defined by the world; living contrary to God’s plan for us. If we look closely, we are actually straying away from God and His purpose for our lives.
The majority of this confusion is born out of the desires of our own heart. We see a life that seem interesting to us, lust after that it and sometimes we even pray and wish for a replica of that lifestyle because we are clouded by the material things we see. We eventually find ourselves walking in what is referred to in today’s bible verse as “walking as the gentle works”.
This is not a new happening in life as we saw King Solomon the wisest man in his time with no wars to fight or anything to worry about still fell a victim of idolatry. Even though he was born and shown the way of the Lord, and likewise keyed into the promises between God and his father King David, Solomon still found foreign women attractive, something he knew was a no go zone. Despite being a wise king, he lived his life out of purpose because his lust for the things of the world made him go contrary to the word of God and plan for his life, the word defined his purpose for him.
Solomon was a man of wisdom but very foolish because he inherited Israel with the beautiful promises of God but left It temporally and spiritually bankrupt. Within a year of Solomon’s death, the course of Israel’s history was permanently altered, 1kings 11.
It’s impossible to walk with God and walk in so much darkness John 8:2 and we see that King Solomon stopped walking with God, “For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the LORD his God, as was the heart of his father David.” I Kings 11:4.
Whiles we still have life today and grace is sufficient, we have an opportunity and the God is calling us to step away from being foolish in our thinking and actions, He is calling us to lean on Him and walk in His purpose for our lives. Only then can we be led by the spirit of God which gives us the understanding of a what truly a purpose driven life is.
Any life outside Jesus is without purpose and only leads to destruction. Jesus says “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.” John 10:28.
- Father I thank you for your goodness and blessing experienced every day of my life
- I am grateful for your grace and leading me to live a purpose driven life
- Bring me back to the paths I have strayed away from, let me from today be spiritually minded, know my purpose, walk in it and not allow carnal things to define me
- Thank you for being a good father, one I can deliberate with and fully trust in
- Help me Lord not to try reason you out, but surrender all occurrences in life to you and believe that you have it all under control and are able to change all circumstances for good
- Help me to wait upon you in spirit and in truth, getting instructions and directions from heaven and walking solely with the Holyspirit while I fast and pray
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.