“Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.”
Memory verse: “And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2
There is something about teaching others what you already know, it increases your own understanding and the more time you spend teaching others the better you become. While most people know this for a fact already, others simply don’t and that’s why they may be unwilling to share knowledge.
Few years ago, I took on a role to work in an organisation, I met a few people but the one person that I remembered more was someone who had acquired so much knowledge that she became the company’s knowledge bank and it just made her seem irreplaceable. Even the organisation was scared of losing her but gradually her knowledge became obsolete because the organisation was ready for a change and was ready to create something completely new. They may struggle without her input but were ready to take that risk and move on, a decision which placed her in a dicey position of being made redundant. Either she shared or not, she was now being replaced by someone more relevant to the new process.
There is something to learn from Jesus, He spent most of His time on earth teaching and teaching and we read from the bible that just before His ascension, He said “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” John 14:26
Jesus is particular about teaching others because the way up is by sharing. Apostle Paul spent majority of His time teaching and at such we see that He developed not just the people around him but became a bank of knowledge and wrote 13 of the 27 books in the New Testament. We see that even when he was in prison and couldn’t physically teach others, He wrote and continued to impact life.
Have you ever been in the position of a teacher? It’s literally the most rewarding thing to do and the benefit is that for the kingdom of God, you are wining souls for Him. Your teaching of the word of God to others causes constant rejoicing in heaven.
“I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.” Luke 15:7
The Holyspirit is able to teach you more if you let more out to others. Remember someone taught and led you to Christ and now it’s your turn to begin to impact lives through the inspiration of the Holyspirit. Jesus has commanded us not to seat on our knowledge but to
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Matthew 28:19-20
- Father I thank you for another great week of experiencing your faithfulness
- I am grateful for your grace and leading me to live a purpose driven life
- Help me from today to inspire others, to teach them your doctrine, to live a life of a good example and be geared towards fulfilling the great mandate of teaching others.
- Thank you for your word which gives life, thank you for the grace to hear you while you are speaking into my life and situations facing me
- Help me from today Lord to focus solely on you and not be distracted with satisfying man
- Rid me of every distraction, let my desire be heavenly and not focused on carnality
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen