“But Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the sea. And a great multitude from Galilee followed Him, and from Judea and Jerusalem and Judea and beyond the Jordan; and those from Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they heard how many things He was doing, came to Him. And the unclean spirits, whenever they saw Him, fell down before Him and cried out, saying, “You are the Son of God”
Memory Verse: “Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” I Timothy 4:12.
There are various types of characters exhibited by people on planet earth and whiles it may be easy to pick out some people from a crowd for their distinct character, some just don’t want to be noticed. The world has a categorisation for every type of personality, and these days a personality test can be conducted to find a close fit for where each individual fits.
Knowing your personality type can change a lot of things around you. It can help to highlight your areas of strength and weakness and can also be a catalyst for reshaping you as an individual. Having identified them you can then start to develop more in your area of strength and reduce your weaknesses. In all of these, every person has strengths which people around you will see. Some characteristics of strength cannot be hidden, it speaks out loud.
Being a Christian does mean a change in mindset! Your personality still remains, but your passion becomes fuelled in the right direction i.e. focusing on doing the things of the kingdom.
Apostle Paul was very active in his years of being an unbeliever. He was Saul the active Christian persecutor become the active Apostle of Christ Act 8:3,9:1-6. He did not become a different person but he’s person was now being directed by the Holyspirt hence his way of life changed.
Christianity is not a movie, but people watch us and when they see us, they ought to see a life that is devoted to the things of God!
We cannot say we love God but show love for the devil by adhering to his ways.
Our strengths can be enhanced with the word of God and through the direction of the Holyspirt, just like the transformation of Saul to Paul. In light of this, the life of Paul makes it impossible to say there is no place for us in the house of God.
The bible encourages us to be an example in every area of our lives, in everything we do and in everywhere we go so that our lives, just like a light may shine to the world and the world may in turn glorify our Father who is in heaven!
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16.
- Father you deserve all adoration and praise
- I am grateful for your grace benevolence towards me
- Help me Lord to focus on you and not the things of the world. I renounce a pact with the devil and his deeds
- Help me Lord to worship you in spirit and in truth. Help me to have a true relationship with you
- Bring me back to the paths I have strayed away from, let me from today be spiritually minded, know my purpose, walk in it and not allow carnal things to define me
- Thank you for being a good father, one I can deliberate with and fully trust in
- Help me Lord not to try reason you out, but surrender all occurrences in life to you and believe that you have it all under control and are able to change all circumstances for good
- Help me to wait upon you in spirit and in truth, getting instructions and directions from heaven and walking solely with the Holyspirit while I fast and pray
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.