“Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, “This Man is calling for Elijah!” Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink. The rest said, “Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him.” And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.“
Memory Verse: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9.
This time of the year is always emotional and as a child, I used to be really confused about why this was the case. As I began studying and searching the scriptures, the more I understand the reasons backing the emotions around Easter. The passion week, usually a time between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday is a time remembered by most Christians as the season of mixed feelings as it covers the event of His entrance into Jerusalem Mark 11:9-10 till His death on the cross.
It was also the week Jesus was had the last supper with his disciples, followed by His arrest. He was tortured, faced trial before Pontius Pilate and was crucified. Jesus showed us His love by willingly subjecting Himself to humiliation. He showed how passionate He was about saving us from the condemnation and bondage that sin had put us in and by His sacrifice on a day like this, you and I have the access to the throne of God. We have grace for abundance mercy because Jesus died.
Until the death of Jesus, man was under so many laws that would have maybe wiped us away all by now. There was no grace and unless strict rules were followed, punishment was inevitable but Christ redeemed us before we were born from curses of the law and the bondage that sin puts us in, Galatians 3:13.
This is a season of joy for us, we have a birth certificate through the blood of Jesus. We rejoice in a day like this knowing that we are alive because Jesus gave up Himself for us to have life.
Christians, Today Is Our Birthday!
- Father I thank you for being alive, blessed and having access to eternal life through You
- Thank You for dying for me, for the grace to accept you and for access to all goodness that comes from the throne of Heaven
- Forgive my iniquities Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Help me to listen to divine instructions from you and understand you will give me all that’s needed to fulfill the assignments you assign to me
- Help me Lord to make it to the end and enjoy everlasting life.
- I denounce failure and near success syndrome
- I declare live, success and goodness on all sides and in all areas of my life IJMN
- Thank you for going ahead Father, I am grateful for all!