“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.”
Memory verse: “You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.” James 4:3.
Have you ever heard the statement “you can’t have it all? I certainly get to hear it all the time and whiles it not only a wrong statement, it certainly contradicts the word of God which means it’s non- applicable to children of God.
The bible makes to reference to the word impossibility with God and we know this because various times in the lives of those who recognise Him as father, He has always come through, making the impossible become possible. He sure came through for Abraham, Noah, Elijah, Elisha, David, Solomon and many others not just prophets but those who call him Lord and Father. At the heart of what they did, they were not only good, they were outstanding at whatever they did because they never depended on their own strength and were always under the authority of God.
Many times we want things and whiles sometimes those things are not necessarily bad for us, because we are not actively abiding in the Lord, our motives for those request are wrong hence we may not be getting answers to our requests.
Asking for the right thing at the right time is crucial to receiving but how can we then know the right things and the right time? Because we are not born equal, various individuals at certain stages in life will only have access to only what they are capable of managing based on their level of maturity in all areas of life, just as God designed it.
Abiding in Christ is our key to having it all. First the spirit of God teaches us contentment as seen in the life of Apostle Paul, he says “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:” Philippians 4:11 then the spirit of God renews our minds so we can never ask contrary to the will of God because the spirit only stirs us in the direction which pleases God. So therefore, our demands only conforms to the things that pleases God so we are guaranteed to have answers to those request which aligns with Christ.
If we choose not to abide in Christ, then we gambling with our requests and therefore seat on the fence. I encourage you today to Abide In Christ!
- Father I thank you for your goodness and unmerited favour
- Thank you for the grace not to ask amidst and to abide in you
- Thank you for your love and kindness, for the beginning of a new week and season
- I am grateful for your protection, provision and for all that you do for me.
- I am thine O Lord, let me continually be in your camp, not to please the world but to please you Lord.
- I surrender all to you, I withhold nothing, I give myself away and I rededicate my all to you
- Help me to walk with you daily, live my life for you and be at the centre of it all
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.