“Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
Memory Verse: “Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10.
The human body is created with limitations. Let’s cite an example of what you as an individual can do. You can talk, walk , eat ,run and maybe even jump and the list is possibly unexhaustive to an extent. Sometimes we do strength training and run faster than the average individual and even practise long or high jumps to become the best but in all these, we were not created to be anything like the birds who fly. We can learn to swim but we were not created to live in water so whiles you may get a gold medal in swimming, there is a time limit for how long you can survive in water but because a fish was created for that environment, it lives there permanently.
Human beings are created by God to live on earth, God gave us the special grace to be fruitful and have dominion but in all of that, there are things we simply will not be able to do. This has a lot to do with how we were created and our quality of life we live but there are somethings in life that even the best quality of life cannot achieve.
Professional marathon runners cannot continue to run for ever because as they age, strength diminishes but as with everything in life, God does not conform to the standard of the world. When you walk with God then all your age , strength and the norms simply does not matter. Sarah had Isaac at age 90 and Abraham was 100, they both did not have Isaac with their own strength as Sarah was said to have passed childbearing age, Genesis 18:11.
When God gives you an assignment, it’s important to know ahead that your own strength will never be enough to attain the goal. There will be so many things that will come your way to make you feel like giving up but at this time it’s important to remember who’s errand you’re out to deliver. He who sent you will give you all the strength and support and like an eagle, you will soar up even in the turbulence of life. You will attain unusual heights in unusual places until God is glorified through you.
Stop worrying about how you will deliver, your strength will never be enough but through the strength of God, you can achieve the impossible.
- Father, I thank you for another wonderful word of life
- I thank you for the power and strength dispensed through your word
- Guide me O my great Jehovah, navigate me through the paths of life
- Be my strength like no other, help me not to rely on self but totally on you
- Help me to come to the understanding of you, and daily remain connected to you
- Help me to daily grow into a strong believer, be consecrated to you, obey you verbatim and live for you
- Help me Lord to rise above adversity and be victorious on all sides
- Thank you for going ahead, Father, I am grateful for all!
- Forgive me of my sins Lord and let me live a life worthy of your use, AMEN!