“Now the apostles and brethren who were in Judea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. And when Peter came up to Jerusalem, those of the circumcision contended with him, saying, “You went into uncircumcised men and ate with them!”
Memory verse: When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Mark 2:17.
Today’s Christians pick and choose their Christianity status. We can be very religious but only when it works for us, and because of the level of human wisdom we apply to everything, we naturally assume that God will react because we feel something is a sin towards Him. As a matter of fact, so many people in the Bible tried to decide for God on what they feel is wrong, acting as if fighting for God, but we see that God deals with everyone individually and differently.
The day Jesus went to the house of Zacchaeus, people were not very pleased. They complained saying, “He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.” It is important to note that those who said this considered themselves Holy, when in fact they were just exactly like those scribes and Pharisees who judged the woman caught in the act of adultery in Luke 8:10. Most of us are as guilty of acting in this manner.
We create our Religious mindset and build a barrier between ourselves and the rest of the world. This religious mindset consumes our everyday life, leading us to lose out on the majority of what God has in stock for us. We think we are protecting our Christianity, so we are set to private status, but how do we intend to really make a change in this world when we live in our own world?
Apostle Paul was also attacked by people who counted themselves as righteous, but when he opened their heart to understanding, they became silent and then they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.” Acts 11:18.
Jesus is Lord over the repented and sinners and we are called to associate with all and shine bright to the entire world so the world may Glorify God through our image, and our works to and for God. We are to be Godly examples to everyone around us and this we cannot do if we stay hidden.
No one lights a lamp and puts it under a bushel. It is placed on the top shelve to give light to the room. We are to shine forth, not to remain hidden.
- Father, I am grateful for your amazing works in my life
- Thank you for your unending love and unmerited grace
- Help me Lord to be a light to the world! Help me to shine forth in my status for you
- Help me to live for you, rightly and gracefully represent you and be a good example to all around me
- Take my heart lord and transform it. Take my will and conform it to yours
- Thank you for fighting my battles for me and making me emerge victoriously
- Help me to obey your word, store them in my heart and manifest in them
- Thank you for not condemning me and giving me the grace to work towards holiness
- Father have mercy on me in areas where I have judged others
- Father, I am grateful for all!
- Forgive me of my sins Lord and let me live a life worthy of your use, AMEN!