“But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all. Yet He warned them not to make Him known, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: “Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel nor cry out, Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.”
Memory Verse: Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. Matthew 6:2.
Have you noticed how everything these days is about status? Pride dwells in the heart of so many that they see a need to take Glory on behalf of God. The church is confused because it’s running like an organisation initiated by mare men and therefore most Christians are confused as to where they stand. Majority of those in authority focus on what’s trending in the world now and not how Jesus was and is as a leader, yet we claim to be following Jesus’ footsteps.
If truly we are following the footsteps of Jesus, then one of many things to know is that Jesus was not a show-off. He came into the world through the humblest background and was born in a very random place. He served in every way possible and never for once absorbed the praises that the world tried to use as a distraction tactic. He had every right to glory in everything He did, yet he didn’t but ascribed all greatness to God the Father! He could convert stones to bread if hungry and even the devil knew it, but he let stones be stones whiles He focused on sticking to the divine plan, saving our souls.
We have focused on the distractions of the world so much that what twitter or other social media platforms have to say have become more important to us than winning people into the kingdom of God. We continue to acquire so much and tell ourselves we are doing it for the Glory of God, except that we are using the name of Jesus as a marketing strategy to glorify ourselves and continue to say we are doing it for Jesus.
Jesus isn’t a show-off, He never absorbed any glory and has never tried to gather the crowd for Himself, He simply went by His Father’s business and when the opportunity came, He does what He does best, making sure that he meet the needs of others without taking of the Glory.
When you market using the name of Jesus, you already have your reward (The approval of men) . When God is involved, at the centre of it all, with all glory ascribed to Him, then He leads and everything else being to follow.
- Father, I am appreciative of your love which is unprecedented
- Thank you for your grace and mercy which I do not qualify for
- Help me to be a good light, shine forth to the world, and place you at the centre of all my works.
- Take my heart lord and transform it. Take my will and conform it to yours
- Thank you for fighting my battles for me and making me emerge victoriously
- Help me to obey your word, store them in my heart and manifest in them
- Thank you for not condemning me and giving me the grace to work towards holiness
- Father have mercy on me in areas where I have judged others
- Father, I am grateful for all!
- Forgive me of my sins Lord and let me live a life worthy of your use, AMEN!