“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.”
Memory Verse: For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he, Proverbs 23:7a
When I completed my Bachelor’s Degree at University and started job hunting, I had so many things in mind. Though I already had experience working as a manger in the retail industry, a position which attracted a lot of envy because I was in my early 20’s and managed to attain that level whiles studying, I still wanted more! Something was different in my spirit; I knew I was made for more but the management level I was then at work, was same as a graduate scheme, the difference is that I had more experience.
What I had spent years attaining could simply be achieved by applying for a graduate scheme and once successful, an individual could be trained in-house for the job. I had more experience and maybe got paid more than the average graduate but unless I made a strategic move, I knew I would become stagnant and eventually become obsolete, so I went back to school to empower myself in preparation for the next move.
The life of every individual goes through various phases and the life of a Christian is exactly the same. The difference is that when we do things as children of God, we do things according to His will, which means the output will be different. Yes, as two people we may both have the exact same qualifications or even look the same, but we are planning with God therefore every result yielded is headed towards a God given purpose according to His plan.
The problem of comparison leads Christian’s into devaluing themselves. Jesus knew His worth!
He had the ability to turn stones to bread and the devil knew it but He was loaded with the Spirit of God, so therefore He knew that responding to the devil was degrading Himself; this was in relation to the events which occurred in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus’s worth was not determined by how much He was able to prove to the devil but by the level of wisdom in which He dealt with His temptation, Matthew 14.
Do you know your worth? It Should be clear to note that your spiritual net value outweighs the physical. If for example a thousand years for us equals a day in the eyes of God, the assume a thousand of your physical value is worth just one spiritual value, so imagine having a thousand spiritual values? That’s one million physical values. This means you are worth so much than you can imagine, if only you can understand that, then you will by no means ever think any less of yourself talk less of imagining that you are just an ordinary person.
Knowing your with will give you the confidence to see beyond the limits imposed by and physical to man. It’s gives you an exposure that you have become unstoppable as long as God is involved and leading the show!
- Father, I thank you for you knew me and ordained me from my mothers womb
- Thank you for your patience and unending love and grace
- Help me Lord to know how much I am worth in you, help me to maximise the capabilities and strength you created and have bestowed upon me
- Make me limitless Lord, let me see beyond human set barriers, limitations and barricades
- Take my heart lord and transform it. Take my will and conform it to yours
- Thank you for fighting my battles for me and making me emerge victoriously
- Help me to obey your word, store them in my heart and manifest in them
- Thank you for not condemning me and giving me the grace to work towards holiness
- Father have mercy on me in areas where I have judged others
- Father, I am grateful for all!
- Forgive me of my sins Lord and let me live a life worthy of your use, AMEN!