“These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.”
Memory Verse: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” Matthew 28:19.
Research has shown that about 1/3 of the world’s population identify as Christians in one way or another. Either by birth or by decision but figures have shown that though Christianity remains the largest religion, numbers have started dropping. Wikipedia shows the current percentage stands at 31.11% but numbers are declining and that’s something to be worried about when it comes to the propagation of the gospel. Why are people who have been known to be Christians changing their mind and opting for either another religion or disposing religion all together?
America, Brazil, Russia, Mexico and Nigeria are shown as the top 5 countries with the largest population, and they drive a huge number of records, but the majority of changes are associated from Children not retaining their parents’ religious believes and it is believed that more Christian’s are dying from various things such as sicknesses, hunger amongst other things unaccounted for.
When Jesus sent out His disciples, they were sent to get back the lost sheep of the Lord out of Israel but when he gave His final instruction, He said we are to go to all the nation, anybody and everybody showing them that Jesus is Lord and Love. We are to first know Christ, then lead others to Christ and then teach them to observe all things according to the scriptures. It’s important to bear in mind that there are many ways of teaching, one of which is through letting our lights shine.
The Love of Jesus is not only to be spoken about but acted on so when an individual sees us, they are not asking if Jesus is Love because they already can see Christ’s love through us.
What are you doing to represent Jesus? Less talk, more action! is the key to evangelism.
- Father, I thank you for another wonderful week of grace
- Thank you for your unending love towards me
- Thank you for being called to share your gospel with others and show love unconditionally as you have instructed
- Help me Lord to know how much I am worth in you, help me to maximise the capabilities and strength you created and have bestowed upon me
- Make me limitless Lord, let me see beyond human set barriers, limitations and barricades
- Take my heart lord and transform it. Take my will and conform it to yours
- Thank you for fighting my battles for me and making me emerge victoriously
- Help me to obey your word, store them in my heart and manifest in them
- Thank you for not condemning me and giving me the grace to work towards holiness
- Father have mercy on me in areas where I have judged others
- Father, I am grateful for all!
- Forgive me of my sins Lord and let me live a life worthy of your use, AMEN!